OSX Version : 10.9.4
Platform : Hackintosh
Install Method : dmg
Version of Kodi/XBMC : 10.5 RC2

Soundcard : MOTU 828 MKII in firewire

log : http://pastebin.com/AH9xezmr

midi audio setup : http://www.guillaume-leroux.com/Images/audio.jpg

Thanks for any help
1. Please post a new log with debugging enabled (see debug log (wiki))
2. Tell me on which channels you have connected your speakers to
3. In settings->system->audio
Have a look to the audio devices.You can see that your MOTU is split up into 4 devices with different channel numbers (3x 2channel stereo, 1x8 channel multichannel pcm).

Select the device which fits your speaker connection. Also ensure that you have a proper speakermapping set in your audio midi setup.

In your configuration (or in general with audio devices which have there channels split into substreams) you can't use it as "default". You need to select explicitly the subdevice.

I think you want to select "MOTU 828mk2 Channels 3 - 10" in Kodi and map your speakers in audio midi setup to left / righ on channel 3 and 4 (ensure to do this in both spots in audio midi setup - stereo AND mutlichannel). Then select 2.0 channel layout in kodi.
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)
Ok, thank you, regarding the log, isn't it what i included in my post ?
I have updated the log, i forgot to enable it after putting back my userdata Wink
when i select "MOTU 828mk2 Channels 3 - 10" Kodi crashes

and btw, i'm first trying to have audio in 2.0 but i'm planning on using it in 5.1
Nevermind, i switch to optical on my internal audio and only use the MOTU for Logic Audio now. No hassle, no trouble. Thanks
Post the crashlog please so we can fix things.
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
It's already in the first post. I updated with the last log when it crashed. I have no idea if the crashlog is the same thing as the debugging log btw.
No - the crashlog is what the osx dialog shows you after kodi is gone.

From the above log btw:

Code:
670.14:14:12 T:4478615552   DEBUG: GetAEChannelMap Engine requests layout FL,FR
671.14:14:12 T:4478615552   DEBUG: GetAEChannelMap trying to map to multichannel layout: [Center] [LFE]
672.14:14:12 T:4478615552   DEBUG: GetAEChannelMap mapped channels to layout FC,LFE,UNKNOWN3,UNKNOWN4,UNKNOWN5,UNKNOWN6,UNKNOWN7,UNKNOWN8

The channelmapping in your audio-midi-setup is wrong. (thats why we crash . there is no way to map FL/FR to Center/LFE as it seems). I will try to get the crash fixed - but imo if you fix your multichannel speakerlayout it should work for you.
You mean here ?

http://www.guillaume-leroux.com/Images/mapping.jpg

This are the rest of my old setup based on an Asus board which doesn't allow to have 2 audio devices connected at once. Since i switch to Gigabytes lately, i can use both internal and firewire, i only did this today. I won't need to use the MOTU for Kodi but if this can help others.
Strange. Tha mapping looks right. But when Kodi queries the mapping it gets
Front Center + Subwoofer + 6 * unmapped.

Your added "1-2-3-4-5-6" notation - what does it refer to? As you can see in the background - channel 1 and 2 are Main. Imo The counting should start at channel 3 (you also see in the channel mapping dialog that this stream is from channel 3-10 - similar to what kodi shows). You could also check the stereo mapping and try to set kodi to 2.0 (in that case it will try to query the stereo mapping instead of the multichannel mapping) and see if this works for the device with channels 3-10.

You might have discovered a bug in my mapping code - but i can't get my head around it just by thinking about it. :/
I think i see something in the code ... please fix the channel mapping for the main output to point to FL and FR - its a bug in the code which doesn't obey the channel offset when accessing the osx channel map (your channel offset for the 8 channel stream would be 2 because it starts from channel 3 instead of channel 1).
The MOTU has a stereo main output and 8 analog outputs

The main output is connected to my studio monitor while the first 6 analog outputs are connected to my 5.1 system. The signal going to main isn't going to analog. My notation refer to the analog outputs.

I tried main and 3 to 10 without success but while main doesn't produce any sound, 3 to 10 crashed Kodi.

Now that my default audio is optical, Kodi doesn't crash when i select 3>10 but still no sound.

I didn't had internal audio when i first tried Kodi, i never bothered to fix the appleHDA since i was only using the MOTU. May be this has to do with Kodi crashing because i can't reproduce now.
(2015-07-14, 14:21)Memphiz Wrote: I think i see something in the code ... please fix the channel mapping for the main output to point to FL and FR - its a bug in the code which doesn't obey the channel offset when accessing the osx channel map (your channel offset for the 8 channel stream would be 2 because its tarts from channel 3 instead of channel 1).

ok. it crashed now.

here is the crash log : http://pastebin.com/SsAAdfrj

Main out is now FL & FR, center : A1, Sub : A2, SL : A3 & SR : A4`

From what i see here, Kodi only crashes when default system audio is set to MOTU and i try to set it in Kodi as well. When Default is the internal audio, i can choose MOTU in Kodi without crashing.
Ok - please try this testbuild (the link might need 30 mins from now to become valid):

http://mirrors.kodi.tv/test-builds/osx/x...x86_64.dmg

1. In osx audio midisetup - map the channels to the analog 1 - 6 again like you had in the screenshot
2. In Kodi set speaker layout either to 5.1 or 2.0 (shouldn't matter - both should be mapped fine now)
3. In Kodi select the MOTU (channel 3 - 10)
4. Pray

Then post a debug log (wiki) (so i can verify that the correct channels are mapped now). If it still crashes with this settings - please in addition post a new crash log aswell.

Thx for your patience - its hard to get a hand on people like you with studio audio equipment Smile

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
No audio on maverick with Kodi RC20