auto start kodi as SHell on 64 bit windows
So I have tried

Step 2 only works on Windows 7 Ultimate, Enterprise and Professional! (The group policy object editor is not available in other versions, thanks M$)

1. Setting up your user account to log in automatically•Log in as administrator.
•Open the start menu, and type in the search box: netplwiz <ENTER>.
•Uncheck Users must enter a user name and password to use this computer and hit Apply.
•A window will pop up asking for the user name and password of the user account which should log in automatically. Supply all the information and hit OK.◦Next time you restart, the account selected in step 1 will log on automatically. Now you can setup this account to use XBMC as shell instead of Explorer:

2. Set XBMC as shell for a specific user account◾Log in as administrator.
◾Open the start menu, and type in the search box: mmc <ENTER>.
◾Choose File -> Add/Remove Snap-in....
◾Select Group Policy Object Editor and hit Add.
◾In the wizard that pops up, hit Browse..., go to tab Users, select your user account (the one that you set up to log on automatically in step 1) and hit OK.
◾Make sure that the checkbox in the wizard is Unchecked, and hit Finish.
◾Hit OK in the Add/Remove Snap-ins window.
◾In the User Configuration -> Administrative Templates -> System folder, open Custom User Interface.
◾Select Enabled and enter the full path (including XBMC.exe and any switches that you may use) in the Interface file name textbox.
◾Hit OK and reboot your system. It should now log in and start XBMC automatically without showing the start menu and icons first

but is looks that kodi is only a 32 bit app and will not launch as a shell on a 64 bit os

What are my options
Have you tried Launcher4kodi ?

I haven't tried it on my Windows 7 machine but it certainly works on my 64 bit Windows 8.1 box
I will try that tonight and let you ,know... Thank you
Or use regedit to modify registry directly, make sure to back it up beforehand though, see https://www.avforums.com/threads/how-to-...t-15473530

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
auto start kodi as SHell on 64 bit windows0