iOS iPhone navigation tips?
I've used XBMC and Kodi on various devices for years. Just now trying to use it on an iOS device for the first time. Currently on iPhone 6 but hopefully on iPad later.

General problem is: how to best use the touch screen controls? I understand different skins may behave differently. I've now tried: confluence, retouch, mimic, aeon nox, and rapier.

I found confluence and retouch would too easily play videos from addons when trying to scroll through video lists.

Mimic and aeon nox seem much better but I cannot figure out how to simply go back from any screen. For example, touch Videos. Get a list (files, playlist…). How to escape back home? Must be missing something obvious. Same problem throughout.

My thumbs also seem too big to adjust any settings.

So bottom line: need answer to how to go back, how to scroll through lists with previews without playing, and need general usage tips for smallish touch devices.

TIA.
1. Be aware that while Kodi has sort of touch screen support its not mainly intended to be used on those devices. The focus in on the 10 feet interface to a big screen.
2. For going back try 2 finger swipe left or 1 finger touch hold (1 sec hold should be enough)
3. For scrolling without starting - well thats an indevidual usage problem i would say. Never had this issue for myself.
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)
See http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=225688
Thanks a lot! The two finger swipe to go back works wonderfully. Also that car skin is close to perfect. Thanks.

What would I need to change so that the list view defaults to the second option (thumbnails instead of plain list with small thumbnails on left), or at least the current list view stays when going to a "next" screen?

Ideally I'd like to try my hand at making an entirely new view with larger thumbnails. I'll look thru the wikis on that. But any quick links?

Finally if I do make a version of the skin, how do I best make it available? What about attribution or asking permission to distribute a mod?

Thanks.
I'm not an expert on skinning, but as far as attribution, the easiest thing would be to just make an account on github and use the "fork" button, which would make a copy of the current work that you could then change. That copy would include correct attribution for the previous work.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
iPhone navigation tips?0