Linux Subtitles selection fails
I am having a weird issue with a fresh built of Kodi on linux using branch 'master'.

With some movies, it fails so select subtitles. Whenever I try to select a language, it will switch back to the last language in the list, and subtitles are not displayed. For example:
I have a movie with 7 subtitles tracks (1-7). I go the audio settings menu, I select track 2/7, I press ESC to go back to video player. The player then shows subtitle track 7/7, and subtitles are NOT displayed.
When i go back to the audio settings, it shows the track 7/7 selected.

Anybody else has experienced this behavior? It is not something global, other movies are working just fine...
For information, I have been investigating this problem.

The issue is located in CDVDPlayer::OpenStream(CCurrentStream& current, int iStream, int source, bool reset)

With the movie I have which is failing, the source parameters is set to 256 (STREAM_SOURCE_DEMUX)

The problem is that a bit further in this function, the code:
PHP Code:
stream m_pDemuxer->GetStream(iStream);
if(!
stream || stream->disabled)
      return 
false

returns, because stream->disabled is true.

I have no idea why it is disabled, the same movie has subtitles working fine with Kodi Helix. I will keep investigating.
ok I believe I have found the root cause of the problem:
Code:
DEBUG: SECTION:LoadDLL(libass.so.4)
19:27:48 T:2841639744   DEBUG: Loading: libass.so.4
19:27:48 T:2841639744 WARNING: Unable to resolve:  ass_set_line_position, reason: /usr/lib/i386-linux-gnu/libass.so.4: undefined symbol: ass_set_line_position
19:27:48 T:2841639744   ERROR: Unable to resolve exports from dll libass.so.4
19:27:48 T:2841639744   ERROR: CDVDSubtitlesLibass: Failed to load libass library
19:27:48 T:2841639744   DEBUG: FactoryCodec - Overlay: SSA Subtitle Decoder - Failed

I guess I need to upgrade to a newer libass package...
I solved this by upgrading to libass.0.10.1 instead of libass.0.10.0

For reference, this issue is also mentioned here:
https://github.com/xbianonpi/xbian/issues/744

Quote:I have no problems showing ssa/ass subtitles with libass4. Only Kodi 15 requires a slightly newer version of libass4 (0.10.1 instead of 0.10.0)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Subtitles selection fails0