Refresh rate adjustment not working & missing option to choose sync method
Seems I'm out of luck then and "nothing" can be done to avoid the screen blackouts. Confused

The videos causing problems were shot with Samsung Galaxy Note 4, which records at 30 fps (or 29.xxx something according to MediaInfo - though in addition MediaInfo does also report "variable framerate", which sounds odd considering Note 4's specs of 30 fps).

Problem is, some of my home videos are shot at 25 fps, necessitating refresh rate adjustments between videos. So it's impossible for me in practice to leave Kodi's refresh rate adjustment setting on "Off" (which is currently the only way to watch the problematic videos without hiccups).

I had kind of hoped that the fpsdetect setting "0 = trust codec fps" would help by "forcing" Kodi to lock the refresh to the 30 fps that the Note 4 shoots in, instead of calculating it from the video stream. But obviously I must have misunderstood what fpsdetect does because it didn't work.

If there's anything that can be tweaked, I'd sure like to know. Oh, and I've removed the useless synctype setting from advancedsettings (one of my improvised attempts that neither solved nor broke anything).
How can I get Kodi to honor the fps provided by metadata and set the refresh rate accordingly at start of playback (and sticking to that throughout the rest of the file)? It would solve the problem.

I'm talking about this part that Kodi initially reads from metadata:
17:39:59 T:3632 INFO: ffmpeg[E30]: Stream #0:0(und): Video: h264 (High) (avc1 / 0x31637661), yuv420p, 3840x2160, 48232 kb/s, 29.96 fps, 29.92 tbr, 90k tbn, 180k tbc (default)
Unfortunately I don't think you can at the moment, unless there is an advancedsetting you can add to shorten the time Kodi looks for a different refresh rate.
The issue of screen flashes became much more tolerable once I installed Windows 10 64-bit and Isengard 15.0.

Now there's just a very brief flash of a black screen as Kodi is forcing the TV to "change" the refresh rate (it actually remains at 60 Hz, just like it should). More importantly, the OSD doesn't annoyingly pop up following the flashes anymore.

So either
a) something was changed between Isengard RC2 and final release,
b) Windows 10 fixed something
or
c) the newest Intel HD graphics driver fixed something.
Most likely driver related. I'm glad it has gotten better for you.
My problem is that Kodi proceeds to adjust the refresh rate immediately after it detects a frame rate drop and there doesn't seem to be any way to alter that. The frame rates in my problematic videos drop only very briefly but it's enough to trigger the unwanted and unnecessary refresh rate adjustment (resulting in the annoying flicker on the screen).

An option (via advancedsettings, for example) to set a threshold or time window within which no adjustments are triggered would be more than welcome - i.e. that Kodi would wait and see for at least a couple of seconds before telling the TV to start "messing with" the refresh rate.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Refresh rate adjustment not working & missing option to choose sync method0