MakeMKV skipping
not sure if this is the correct place to post this but i have a few DVDs and used MakeMKV to just keep the movie only. when i play anything created from MakeMKV on the Openelec kodi, i get skipping of both audio and video. not sure if i should post this on MakeMKV forum but thought i would start here since it only happens on Kodi. the videos run fine on windows with videolan and work fine on my smart tv itself using dlna. if i convert the file using handbrake or MeGui it works fine. this is the only playback issues i have had, dont have a problem with 1080p 10gb movies and 3d movies all in mkv.
Have you purchased the mpeg2 codec from the RPi foundation? If not, provide a debug log to get some help.
no i didnt purchase it. i remember when i first received the pi i saw that option to buy but i looked for it again recently, since the playback issue, but could not find it. now that you replied i googled it and found it again so ill buy it and give it a try. thanks!

edit: i took an extra trailer from the dvd and that plays fine on the kodi so not sure what the deal is. ill still try a licence tho .
you need the codec. the dvd trailer probably only had stereo audio or something; so was easier for the pi to decode with the cpu.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
MakeMKV skipping0