Captions stop playback
I am running the MYTHTV PVR plug in against MythTV 27.4,

I can watch recordings, but if I try to enable captions, they stop playback in about 5 seconds.
Could you transfer me a sample of mpeg file having the issue ? Using dropbox or other service ... Thanks
(2015-07-15, 20:32)janbar Wrote: Could you transfer me a sample of mpeg file having the issue ? Using dropbox or other service ... Thanks

I would be happy, to. Would you happen to know ffmpeg command line on ubuntu to trim a file to 5 minutes without transcode?
Perhaps just make a 5 minute recording?
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
I am using the button that downloads captions in the MYTHTV PVR add-on.

I'm not sure how it looks up captions, does title need to match, and is length important?

For what it's worth, this happens on recordings made on ATSC HDHOMERUN and from a HDPVR.
(2015-07-19, 18:39)jmcgee Wrote: I am using the button that downloads captions in the MYTHTV PVR add-on.

I'm not sure how it looks up captions, does title need to match, and is length important?

For what it's worth, this happens on recordings made on ATSC HDHOMERUN and from a HDPVR.

hmmm, you want to use external captions. I thought you want enable captions provided with the stream. To do that just open OSD sound setting and enable it. Else i have no information about downloading captions. This option is provide by kodi itself and i never see running it !
Recordings made by HDPVR have no captions. I thought I could use Kodi to retrieve external captions. The function works in videos in KODI, but not the MYTHTV add--on. I will look at using mythexport to put the recordings in my video directory.
Yeah I am not sure this works in pvr. Mostly because the files are not in the library and the file names (in mythtv) are something 1300_201507211900.mpg - which bears no relationship to the name of the show.

Also most of the download services match, for example, a filename including an encoding group like aXXo or something.

Also theres the fact that a recording usually has a bit of pre-roll and post-roll as well as commercials. Downloaded subtitle files don't usually account for these timing differences. A typical subtitle file has a time range (from the start of the file) and the words to be displayed.

Are you sure the HDPVR won't record subtitles?
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
https://www.mythtv.org/wiki/Captions_with_HD-PVR

I think I can get properly named files in video directories, but you bring up good point on sync. I'll give it a shot.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Captions stop playback0