[Solved] Kodi/Ortek VRC-1100 Live TV direct channel change to channel > 9 not working
Hi there,

I already googled and searched the forum but I just didn't find anything that helped me ...

I have a problem with my Raspi 2/OSMC and the Ortek VRC-1100 Remote and I'm really desperate right now.

Kodi/OSMC is working fine on the Raspberry Pi 2. As well as Live TV with the tvheadend backend. So far I'm happy. Only thing I didn't like was the CEC stuff, but that was a problem of the general setting with my TV and has nothing to do with kodi. Alright ... so I got an cheap Ortek remote.
Basically it worked pretty good from the beginning.
Only thing I encountered was during Live TV. I wanted to change the channels directly via the numbers of the remote. This works for channels < 10 just fine but when I try higher channel number (e.g. 12) it's just not working and the channel changes to number 1. So it just doesn't recognize that the second number should be "added" to the first one. The "Switch to channel" keypad appears for one or two seconds and there I only can see the number 1 (as for above example).

the debugging log confirms my suspicion:

#:~/.kodi/temp$ tail -f kodi.log | grep OnKey

22:15:41 T:1956630528 DEBUG: OnKey: numlock (0xf0da) pressed, action is
22:15:41 T:1956630528 DEBUG: OnKey: numpadone (0xf071) pressed, action is Number1
22:15:41 T:1956630528 DEBUG: OnKey: numlock (0xf0da) pressed, trying keyboard action f0da
22:15:42 T:1956630528 DEBUG: OnKey: numlock (0xf0da) pressed, trying keyboard action f0da
22:15:42 T:1956630528 DEBUG: OnKey: numpadtwo (0xf072) pressed, trying keyboard action f072
22:15:42 T:1956630528 DEBUG: OnKey: numlock (0xf0da) pressed, trying keyboard action f0da

So Kodi just doesn't realize that the second number belongs to the first.
I already tried a lot of things (everything I could think about as well as any small hint I could find on the forum or google) including adding a keyboard.xml

Unfortunately nothing worked.

Does anyone have any suggestion?

thanks a lot in advance

Update:

I guess I should add that I of course also tried the setting "Confirm channel switches by pressing OK"
If used the keypad overlay stays on the screen but again it doesn't accept the second digit (without using the direction buttons and selecting the second number)
Moved to OS independent forum as it's unlikely to be Pi specific and more people are likely to see it here.
I finally found a solution ... not a solution I was thinking about first, but it works like a charm

found this old forum thread: http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=63152 which pointed out to this

https://github.com/xhaggi/xbmc-eventclient-hama-mce

the hama is the same remote as the ortek and after installing this everything works =)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[Solved] Kodi/Ortek VRC-1100 Live TV direct channel change to channel > 9 not working0