Req Passthrough Notification
Request: Add pass through status and volume related key codes to Application.OnVolumeChanged notifications.

I (like a few others from searched threads) wish to control my AVR volume using notifications from Kodi, and unfortunately my AVR is not HDMI capable. I use SPDIF to feed my AVR and my automation system monitors notifications from Kodi, adjusting the receivers volume based on Application.OnVolumeChanged messages.

This works successfully provided Passthrough is disabled, all be it with lack of surround channels and remixing of audio. If passthrough is enabled, the OnVolumeChanged notifications are no longer sent and I enjoy blasted eardrums at 100% volume with no control over volume level.

Looking at the code, it seems passthrough sets "pesudo volume" to 100% and all volume change requests are ignored and hence no notifications sent.

It would be great if notifications could be modified to include something like "{data: { muted: false, volume: 100.0, passthrough: true, key: ACTION_VOLUME_UP }", and then be sent regardless of passthrough being enabled.

I expect this would create minimal impact on existing clients/codebases that use this notification and also permit full control of the AVR from within Kodi without the need for additional remote controls.

To be clear I do not want to modify the way in which audio volume levels are handled/passed through, only the notification messages.
A fake notification could be used in this case, and just made to look exactly like a normal volume change/bar/etc. Sadly, I don't know enough about python to actually go any further than that, but it's certainly possible :)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Passthrough Notification0