Rewinding & fast forwarding issue since 15RC1 & RC2
Logged into this forum to post the exact same thing with my brand new fresh install. Rewind doesn't work no matter the video file type or container.

Thanks devs for looking into it.
This new method of rewinding and fast forwarding is not working well for me on Android. As people say, there's big problems trying to rewind, but fast forwarding (even just a single tap of +10 seconds) is also very sluggish and frustrating. It makes it feel like I have an old under-powered computer. However I'm running a Minix X8-H which has plenty of grunt.
Disabling DXVA2 makes no difference. Both fast forward and rewind are utterly broken. I don't want any devs to think there is a suitable work around for this issue, there isn't.
I have the same issue... 14.2 is ok... 15 on has this issue... Devs Please help...
Jarvis latest nightly same problem.
HOW TO - Kodi 2D - 3D - UHD (4k) HDR Guide Internal & External Players iso menus
DIY HOME THEATER WIND EFFECT

W11 Pro 24H2 MPC-BE\HC madVR KODI 22 GTX960-4GB/RGB 4:4:4/Desktop 60Hz 8bit Video Matched Refresh rates 23,24,50,60Hz 8/10/12bit/Samsung 82" Q90R Denon S720W
(2015-09-11, 16:34)Prizm4 Wrote: This new method of rewinding and fast forwarding is not working well for me on Android. As people say, there's big problems trying to rewind, but fast forwarding (even just a single tap of +10 seconds) is also very sluggish and frustrating. It makes it feel like I have an old under-powered computer. However I'm running a Minix X8-H which has plenty of grunt.

This is just about Windows having issues. Please post a new thread in the Android sub-forum.

(2015-09-12, 15:28)avandeputte Wrote: Disabling DXVA2 makes no difference. Both fast forward and rewind are utterly broken. I don't want any devs to think there is a suitable work around for this issue, there isn't.

Then you are having a different issue than what is being reported here. Please start a new thread.

Remember, many different problems can easily have the same symptoms. I'm not trying to shrug anyone off, but rather I want to make sure your specific issues get specific attention, and are not lumped in with something else.
(2015-09-13, 01:53)Ned Scott Wrote: Then you are having a different issue than what is being reported here. Please start a new thread.

Remember, many different problems can easily have the same symptoms. I'm not trying to shrug anyone off, but rather I want to make sure your specific issues get specific attention, and are not lumped in with something else.

I sincerely doubt it's a different issue, and there are at least 3 threads going on with the same problem... I certainly don't mind opening a 4th....
They know about it but it doesn't seem top priority right now.

http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=238097

I too find rewind a critical, essential, necessary, EXPECTED function of a video viewing application.
As suggested, I opened a new thread with logs and everything.

(2015-09-13, 01:53)Ned Scott Wrote:
(2015-09-12, 15:28)avandeputte Wrote: Disabling DXVA2 makes no difference. Both fast forward and rewind are utterly broken. I don't want any devs to think there is a suitable work around for this issue, there isn't.

Then you are having a different issue than what is being reported here. Please start a new thread.

try the builds mentioned here for possible fix
http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=233293
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
Initial testing looks promising. Thanks!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Rewinding & fast forwarding issue since 15RC1 & RC20