v14 Getting blank screen and no audio at random times while playing
Hi,

I'm on kodi 14.2. I'm not exactly sure what changed in the system, but I now get a black screen at random times while playing. Since I'm on an HDMI to the tv, the audio is also lost. The screen stays like that until kodi restarts, or until I touch something on the attached keyboard. Everything else in kodi works, since the remote control itself works. But nothing except restarting kodi itself (or going to the keyboard and touching a key) will revert the display back to normal.

I've enabled debugging with everything in it, but there are no new entries when the problem happens. I've had the log itself sit idle for at least 5 minutes before the problem. There's nothing new in any of the system logs either. I thought it might be a power save thing, but the issue always happens way before the default 15 minute mark on the power saver.
No Debug Log no problem. Please read "What should I do before posting".

We don't even know which hardware you are running ...
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
This is the debug log I saved during one of the first such incidents. It contains the hardware as well

http://pastebin.com/SciFZMZM

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Getting blank screen and no audio at random times while playing0