Movies not showing up
Hello,

I have an amazon fire tv and using kodi. I changed the skin to back row. I had first set it up and some movies were in the movies tab and had to reinstall it and now no movies are listed under the movies tab. They are however under videos. Please help.

Thanks
anyone?
http://kodi.wiki/view/Adding_video_sources

after you added the video source and let the scraper do its job, the movies are under 'movies' again.
I have done all that correctly. It shows up in the video's section but not in the movies section. thanks any help would be grateful!!
(2015-07-26, 22:55)booradly Wrote: I have done all that correctly. It shows up in the video's section but not in the movies section. thanks any help would be grateful!!
To get the movies scraped, the movies should have a certain movie name.
The naming rules can be found in the wiki too.
If the movie name is wrong, it won't be scraped into the library.
they are already scraped. They show up under videos tab. Maybe I need to post a picture. thanks
If they're showing up in Videos, go to Videos > Files, select the media folder and pull up the menu, then select "Scan for new content".

Since you didn't say what you had to reinstall when you stated "had to reinstall it and now no movies" I can't say for sure but it sounds like you deleted the library. If you had to reinstall (uninstall the install) Kodi it will wipe out your userdata, so even though you scrapped it before you now need to re-scrap it.
Forum Rules (wiki) | Banned add-ons (wiki) | Wiki (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
Thank you for trying to help me. I think I finally figured it all out!! It seems to be working like it should now. But I do have one more question. Most of my movies are .avi etc. Except a few and those are dvd copies and have 2 folders which is the audio and video files. So when it scrapes it lists the movie a few times. What am I doing wrong? thanks
http://kodi.wiki/view/Naming_video_files...r_stacking
Forum Rules (wiki) | Banned add-ons (wiki) | Wiki (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
Hi there,

It is still coming up numerous times. Any help? I followed all the directions.
ok maybe I am missing something. Can you help me understand this?

Such as VIDEO_TS folders (DVD rips that are not in ISO format), you can stack them using the folder name that contains the movie name.

Does this mean the file should be called her.video_ts if that is the name of the folder as well?

Thanks
(2015-07-30, 06:32)booradly Wrote: ok maybe I am missing something. Can you help me understand this?

Such as VIDEO_TS folders (DVD rips that are not in ISO format), you can stack them using the folder name that contains the movie name.

Does this mean the file should be called her.video_ts if that is the name of the folder as well?

Thanks

No, it should just be Movie_name\video_ts\etc.

Try deleting those instances from your library then rescanning.
Ok that is the way I have it and it is still listing it numerous times. ugh what the heck am I doing wrong. Here is how I have the files for the dvd copies: so for example folder name is a good year and then two folders in that folder names audio_ts and another one named video_ts and then files in those folders do not have the movie name. should I be doing something different? thanks

each movie is in its own folder
another question I deleted the source for the movies and then some movies are still showing up in my library. How do I remove them all? I never noticed this problem before. sorry for all the questions.
ok figured out how to remove them.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Movies not showing up0