Win Windows 7 SMB Wiki update
(2015-07-29, 13:54)levi.baker88 Wrote: I would like to confirm the info about doing a registry edit within Windows for the Matricom Midnight MX2, someone here said that they had this issue. Have you tried with Isengard as it has better Android support?

That may have been me. Before Matricom pretty much abandoned support for their new model, Over the MX2, the SMB video source would have unexplained drops. Couple of reboots it would stay for a while, and go again. Nothing too annoying to start hunting the problem

I dumped the Matricom android build altogether (being fed up) and went with codesnakes openelc. Without the reg edit, I couldn't even get the video source to stay, or if it did... It would dump. That's when I found out about the regedit in one of the SMB posts and tried it. The openelc build loved it and video sources stayed, for good.

I did some more hunting and found other platforms also found it useful, and hence I took the step to add to the wiki.
I really have no idea what I am talking about. Proceed with caution. I confuse easily. And drink. A lot.
Require some info about the Windows 10 fix that was provided. It would of occurred during beta (tech preview) releases of Windows 10. Would it be reasonable to remove this since Windows 10 is now a full release (so to speak)?

I will also add a modified version of Homegroup sharing to Windows 10 since I have confirmed this working too.
Media_Center_Master (wiki) || First_time_user (wiki) || Kodi Store || T-shirts: Villian, Protest, Graffiti, Emoji, Black on Black, K-18L
(2015-08-07, 14:14)levi.baker88 Wrote: Require some info about the Windows 10 fix that was provided. It would of occurred during beta (tech preview) releases of Windows 10. Would it be reasonable to remove this since Windows 10 is now a full release (so to speak)?

I will also add a modified version of Homegroup sharing to Windows 10 since I have confirmed this working too.

I am working this now. Primary Kodi machine is now on WIN10, no homecult, and same workgroup. Matricom OPENELC not connecting. Will see network, but will not set content on sources. Trying everything before domain master browser change.
I really have no idea what I am talking about. Proceed with caution. I confuse easily. And drink. A lot.
Try using a homegroup and connecting your OpenELEC box via SMB and see how you go, you really shouldn't need to make registry edits.
Media_Center_Master (wiki) || First_time_user (wiki) || Kodi Store || T-shirts: Villian, Protest, Graffiti, Emoji, Black on Black, K-18L
I have not had the time to dedicate to this fully, but so far the results

1. No homecult, same workgroup, no regedit: Matricom openelc v 5.0.3 SMB access fine, cannot set content (Mac fail error)

2. homecult, same workgroup, no regedit: Matricom openelc v 5.0.3 SMB access fine, cannot set content (Mac fail error)

In both cases SMB was by host name, not ip. Will try ip

However I think I may need to put a fresh openelc load on the Matricom, other errors acting up.. I should have time tomorrow to work on it, and start from scratch.
Might be best to start fresh, known working base. Keep me posted.
Hi everyone, i'm new to Kodi its been great until yesterday. So when i right click on my mouse no dropdown menus appear now! so let said i have selected a movie it will streams fine by left clicking but if i right click the dropdown menu for Queueing, downloads, tralier etc will not appear now Also the "C" button on my keyboard will not activate menu. Is there something wrong with Kodi 15 or have i locked something.By the way Mouse works fine when not in Kodi. any help would be welcome. cheers John.
Not sure whether this is Windows 7 specific, but I had a setup that was working and after some home MoCA network reconfiguration I could no longer use the smb connection from within Kodi 14.2 (or XBMC Frodo). I have always had the hosts file populated with server IP/name mapping. The Windows 7 smb host hadn't changed, I have the recommended registry keys set, no firewall interaction, nothing I could discern. The Kodi debug log just showed a 1 minute timeout for SMB Browse or manually adding the host/share. Tried several of the standard recommendations on server & client sides, but in the end, I updated the smb.conf and swapped the setting
Code:
name resolve order = bcast host
to
Code:
name resolve order = host bcast

This took care of the issue immediately, no hangs, delays, etc. The other Kodi clients I had that I was not playing with just started working again with that one change. Hopefully useful for others in the future, I'd not seen reference to modification of this particular value.
I'd first like to say thank you to all who have contributed. My system is working only because of all of your help.
My system: Dell Chromebox with I3 & 4GB. OpenELEC installed as stand alone.

I ran into some buffering and dropping out of playback issues using smb. If I used UPNP it worked and played back files fine, there were other issues with UPNP.
I then had to make a few more changes according to your Wiki regarding the Regedit (Point 4.1) and the 2nd change in the mentioned Win7 kb also in your wiki.

I actually had to do the second regedit to get the buffering and dropping of the playback to stop occurring.

I knew it wasn't that I was on wifi because when I used NFS for the file sharing it went very smoothly, no buffering and no crash out of the playback. The issue I could not figure out how to get the TV Shows and Movies to show up on the main screen of Kodi. I also realized the scrapers were not available using NFS. So I really wanted the smb file stuff to work.

Also, FYI, I never had an issue when I was using a windows box, just used normal file sharing and no issues at all.

Thanks once again for all of your help!
If you have an Openelec device turn SMB off on it, this will clear up the issue. I had been fighting not being able to update my movie library for the past year regularly on two separate KODI devices running Openelec (Chromebox & NUC). Once I turned the SMB server off on both of them (the Chromebox decided it was my master browser, couldn't run Lanscan, got Error Code 53) the updates work perfectly fine.

Bill
Wow I don't believe it but thanks to you I've solved my issue of the vibrating side to side main screen.
I had installed my Skull Candy gamepad the other day and no that I uninstalled it............Kodi works fine.
SMB paths that no longer exist, don't get scrubbed from the DB during Library Cleanup - regardless if they are (or ever were) from an added 'source' or not.

Not sure if this pertains to SMB paths, or simply everything that is not a file -and- situated within a 'source' (link on issue if interested).

EDIT: This is probably not a Win7 exlusive issue.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge - please click the plus to the left below to give thanks
This can probably be unsticky'd and moved into main chat.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Windows 7 SMB Wiki update2