EPG won't dismiss
I have been using Kodi as my full time interface for about 3 weeks now - its installed on a WMC with the serverWMC add-on installed. One thing I have seen in 14.2 and still in 15 RC2 is that the guide won't dismiss

My experience is - I am watching Live TV I want to check the guide so I use the Guide button and it is shown (as expected). If I want to dismiss I would expect the guide button to return me to live TV but pressing it again does nothing.
So I hit back and that takes me to the windowed TV view on the same channel, I hit back again and its full screen TV with the menu overlay and back one more time to get back to the full screen tv view.

So if you go full screen TV to Guide it takes you 3 button presses to get back to where you were.

Is this expected? Is there a way to make the guide button pop up the guide and again to dismiss it (and return to wherever you were). I have searched quite a bit and found one post that seemed similar and was blamed on the skin (I have tried 3 and they all have the same issue)

Note: This also does the same thing when using a keyboard so I don't think it is a remote mapping issue. Any ideas?

Also I have noticed a few cases where the EPG Channel and Timeline view loses all the rows except the first channel (with guide data missing) . Guide data and a full channel list does show in the windowed view and also in the Now and Next display
Clearing guide data doesn't fix it - it eventually just shows back up after a day or so.
As far as having to press back a few times to get rid of the guide while watching a program, that is how it has always worked. It would be nice if there were a way to dismiss and return to programming immediately but I'm not aware of any. Maybe post a request in the general kodi forum?

I'm not quite sure I understand the second issue. Maybe a screenshot and an accompanying ServerWMC log when it happens again. Upload the log to pastebin and put a link here.
You can achieve the guide button "toggling" the Epg by customising the key map file so that when the Epg screen is shown, the guide ? binding is remapped to full screen TV or something similar to that. There is a community keymap thread in this forum that may cover it, or point you in the right direction
pvr.wmc TV addon and ServerWMC Backend Development Team
http://bit.ly/ServerWMC

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
EPG won't dismiss0