how do you manage your movie Extras?
i ripped a bunch of dvd's and blurays and kept the extras. i dont usually keep them but i just went ahead and ripped everything. what folder structure do you use? i have Movie.Title folder that contains the Movie.mkv and the scraped info and all that, and a Extras folder. i know there is an addon for VideoExtras but it does not work, get a script error. but i noticed that there are a bunch of Extras in my Movies tab in kodi now! so im just wondering how you all manage these for like extended, alternative, behind the scenes files for a main movieHuh
Here's how it's done in a popular add-on.

http://kodi.wiki/view/Add-on:VideoExtras
(2015-07-21, 05:50)natethomas Wrote: Here's how it's done in a popular add-on.

http://kodi.wiki/view/Add-on:VideoExtras

as i said i tried it but had a script error everytime i selected a movie title. i gave up last night. i edited the advancedsettings to ignore the Extras sub folder in the movie folder, deleted the whole library, and let it rebuild over night. hopefully this reboot of kodi semi fresh will fix the video addon and is a good way to ignore the Extras folders from displaying in the main Movies tab. thanks for the reply tho. seems this is the only way but was wondering if this was the only method or there was another method, besides getting a new skin since im using a low powered raspberry pi as a media center. some advanced skins lag it too much. anyways, again thanks for the reply. lets hope i get this sorted out.
The obvious way to store extras is in a sub-folder in the movie directory, then using the exclude from scan features of the advancedsettings.xml (note folder 'extras' is case sensitive).

<video>
<excludefromscan action="append">
<regexp>/extras/</regexp>
<regexp>[\\/]extras[\\/]</regexp>
</excludefromscan>
<excludetvshowsfromscan action="append">
</excludetvshowsfromscan>
</video>

Using the 3rd party add-on 'Videoextras' there is an option in the settings, to just insert this into the advanced settings on a one time basis. I was quite happy when I installed this on an Android device that had no advancedsettings.xml and hit this preferences setting, half expecting it not to work, and yet the add-on created the advancedsettings and installed it correctly. Outside of this alteration the 'VideoExtras' add-on creates links within some skins (skin dependant) to the information page, and adds itself to video add-ons to allow you to pursue all your extras with art. I've install this add-on a half dozen times without a gliche, sorry for your issues (perhaps the skin is not up to the task?)

Alternate methods I have used in the past, rename the extra file as the movie-trailer, movie-CD1 the extras as multiple movie-CD1 CD2 etc and use the rename function in context menu or create a manual .nfo for the extra, a bit of a pain, that's why this add-on has become a must for me.
(2015-07-21, 21:32)PatK Wrote: The obvious way to store extras is in a sub-folder in the movie directory, then using the exclude from scan features of the advancedsettings.xml (note folder 'extras' is case sensitive).

<video>
<excludefromscan action="append">
</excludefromscan>
<excludetvshowsfromscan action="append">
</excludetvshowsfromscan>
</video>

Using the 3rd party add-on 'Videoextras' there is an option in the settings, to just insert this into the advanced settings on a one time basis. I was quite happy when I installed this on an Android device that had no advancedsettings.xml and hit this preferences setting, half expecting it not to work, and yet the add-on created the advancedsettings and installed it correctly. Outside of this alteration the 'VideoExtras' add-on creates links within some skins (skin dependant) to the information page, and adds itself to video add-ons to allow you to pursue all your extras with art. I've install this add-on a half dozen times without a gliche, sorry for your issues (perhaps the skin is not up to the task?)
that is exactly what i did last night. the wiki said if i already had scanned for new content on movies with Extras folder to remove the sources and clean the database, add the xml strings, and reboot kodi. re-add the sources like normal. i let it run thru the night but im still having issues with the plugin, although im happy that i no longer see the Extras folders all over. not sure why the plugin isnt working since i got it from the main repo of kodi freshly installed the software again. not that big of an issue but this will do for now. thanks!!!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
how do you manage your movie Extras?0