Bug Getting stuck when entering AWAY mode
Bug 
I use the DVBViewer Recording Service (RS) as PVR backend to KODI, both running on the same Windows 7 PC, connected via localhost/127.0.0.1.

Also other (remote) devices might connect to the RS. And when this is the case, the RS sets the ES_SYSTEM_REQUIRED, ES_CONTINUOUS and ES_AWAYMODE_REQUIRED flags, so that the RS streaming server can't be sent to Sleep/Standby/Suspend (in my case S3), but instead AWAY mode shall be entered.

I did the above, so connected a remote client, then started KODI on the RS PC and tried to trigger Suspend from within KODI. AWAY mode is entered as desired to keep the RS streaming server running, but KODI gets stuck at some point, showing "Working..." in the bottom right corner forever, totally getting stuck, see the following screenshot...

I also took a log of exactly the above actions, so starting KODI and triggering Standby, see here. If you search for "sleep", you will find the part where I triggered Standby and where the system should be entering AWAY mode. This should be the corner where KODI gets stuck as a consequence.

When the RS does not set (or resets) the above flags (so after disconnecting all remote clients and stopping all RS actions), Standby is properly being entered from within KODI. So it should be a problem of not properly handling AWAY mode inside KODI.

You should be able to reproduce the issue by creating a little sample app which sets the 2 above flags and then trying to enter Suspend from within KODI. Does anybody have a clue what might be going wrong?
Final Isengard and also Helix (14.2) are suffering from the same issue.
Quote: You should be able to reproduce the issue by creating a little sample app which sets the 2 above flags and then trying to enter Suspend from within KODI. Does anybody have a clue what might be going wrong?
I now created such an application myself, so one that acts like a media application (for example a PVR backend). You can download it from here. It simply sets the above mentioned flags:

After starting my application, you can run KODI in parallel and try to trigger Suspend via the shutdown menu.

A summary of the problem is provided in the ticket that I created.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Getting stuck when entering AWAY mode0