Can XBMC write to an xbox memory unit or usb flash drive?
I've installed an xbox in my car and so far everything has been rather cool, one thing I don't like is the lack of an auto resume feature.

I've searched around the forum but so far have found nothing that works. I'm going to try from scratch based on what I've read.

Since the xbox is in my car, I've bumped the caching to the maximum and enabled immediate hd spindown to minimize the risk of the heads crashing into the platters.

Any autoresume script would have to write a file somewhere in order to save the playing state. the obvious solution would be to use an xbox memory unit or flash drive to store this information.

How would one access such a flash drive in order to read/write a small text file onto it?
iirc usb sticks are read only 99% sure.
You can write to fatx formatted sticks, but not fat16/32.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

I'm kindof confused. If its in a car, where is the media coming from if not the internal harddisk?
You may wanna look at one of these in 6 months to a year when they get cheaper & bigger:
http://techreport.com/reviews/2006q3/sup...dex.x?pg=1
the media is definitely coming from the harddisk, I'm just trying to minimize the time that the heads are flying over the platters. By caching the media into ram first, the heads can spend the rest of the length of the song parked instead of flying about.

If i can ask, jmarshall, how would I go about writing to the stick? I understand that the ms dashboard will do me the favor of formatting the stick, but how is it enumerated as a drive in xbmc?
XBMC will autodetect and automount the thing. The drive letter will depend on exactly what port you plug it into but it will be identified via popup and in file manager.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Can XBMC write to an xbox memory unit or usb flash drive?0