• 8(current)
Video stuttering in Kodi 15 for Amlogic SOCs
Hi,

Try to read this forum, but I am still not sure if my problem is the same and what to do about the solution.

My 14.2 (SPMC) has no framedrops. 14.2 (normal) and 15 do have framedrops (Beelink MXQ).
Only OSD difference is that SMPC 14.2 Windowing and System CPU information shows: "W ( fps:23,74 CPUo: xx% CPU1: xx%)", where 15 has NO fps 23,74 in that line.

Anyway that I can have the Windowing and System CPU information in 15 set to 23,74?
Is that using the init.d on my rooted Beelink?
14.2 works fine for MXQ somehow. me too. You can try SPMC 15 if you want.

Version 15.2 RC has no framedrops!
But after some time of watching (2 minutes to 1 hour) it glitches up and shows random frames inbetween.
If I rewind a little bit, the problem is gone for another half hour or so.
This Glitching up is not new- any idea folks?
(2015-09-08, 12:03)Animor Wrote: Hi, 1080p movies, including heavy ones (15GB) run very well.

This is the script I run:
Code:
#!/system/bin/sh
chmod 666 /sys/class/display/mode
chmod 666 /dev/amvideo
chmod 666 /dev/amstream*
chmod 666 /sys/class/video/axis
chmod 666 /sys/class/video/screen_mode
chmod 666 /sys/class/video/disable_video
chmod 666 /sys/class/tsync/pts_pcrscr
chmod 666 /sys/class/audiodsp/digital_raw
chmod 666 /sys/class/ppmgr/ppmgr_3d_mode
chmod 666 /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpu0/cpufreq/scaling_min_freq
chmod 666 /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpu0/cpufreq/scaling_max_freq
chmod 666 /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpu0/cpufreq/scaling_governor

Hi Animor! After several weeks of tests I confirm your script works perfectly on my Beelink S82 Smartplus. However if I set the display @1080p, when Kodi changes refresh rate for a movie the screen start to flicker and to flash, and white lines and dots appears. I need to restart to fix this problem. I searched the Internet and found a workaround: set screen display @720p. It works but I would like to use 1080p. Any hints? Thank in advance!
Try to change the video settings of kodi. At least two of the options there are related to fps and rate, if I remember correctly.
Animor, I've exactly the same issue with reboots _ the script isn't run on boot so I have to open Universal Init.d and execute the script manually each time.

Did you find an answer to your question?
In my case, the script eventually ran on reboot. I just had to wait some time before it happened, instead of starting kodi right after the desktop appears.

Anyway, I don't restart my android box very often. More like once in a week or even more. The Beelink has a standby mode, which mainly turn off display, and that's enough for me.
Thanks for replying. I've noticed that there's a bit of a wait on boot and then the script runs but I'm not convinced yet that it runs every time. To be honest I'm like you as I don't reboot often.
(2015-09-27, 22:59)Animor Wrote: Try to change the video settings of kodi. At least two of the options there are related to fps and rate, if I remember correctly.

Hi Animor, Il'll try to explain better. The flicker&flash issue occurs when Kodi restores the standard resolution/refresh rate. The steps to reproduce this problem are: boot S82 @1080p, refresh rate doesn't matter -> run S82 script to change folder access rights -> launch kodi -> open a movie which requires refresh rate change (es. 50hz or 24 hz if you are @60hz) -> watch the movie (until this poit is all ok -> stop the movie (Kodi reverts resolution/rate to the previous ones).... and it's a mess: all flicker&flash and audio stuttering. Any hints? Do you also have Beelink S82 Smart Plus? If yes which firmware version? I have 204k and use Kodi 15.1. Thanks in advance
Just wanted to shoot a HUGE thank you out to everyone for showing me how to fix this issue.

I was stuck with two choices, one being a outdated version of Kodi that did not play well with many of the add-ons I use on a daily basis, and the second option of having full add-on support but unable to play anything 720 or 1080 (It was so bad I could not keep a movie synced for more then 30 seconds).

What I did to fix it:

* Reinstalled a fresh copy of Kodi 15.2
* Rooted my Droidsticks MX2 player (that was easy, literally just throw a copy of a .zip onto a SD card, entered recovery, flashed it)
* Installed Universial init.d from play store
* Entered the following script (Left out some of the lines in the suggested script, did not feel any need to change the CPU governor or mess with anything beyond amlogic video!)

#!/system/bin/sh
chmod 666 /dev/amvideo
chmod 666 /dev/amstream*

*Did the built in test that Universial init.d recommended I do on the front page and it failed, so no automatic starting of scripts on boot. Minor issue, I reboot this thing once every month or Smile
*Ran the script

Flawless victory. 720 and 1080 both working on a Droidsticks MX2.

Now my last step is to show my girlfriend how to run the script in caase the device gets rebooted and I am not around at the time.

Super hugs thank you, once more, to all the users who posted the fix, and to Kodi devs for making such a awesome product!
(2015-10-04, 20:37)teh_mooses Wrote: Just wanted to shoot a HUGE thank you out to everyone for showing me how to fix this issue.

I was stuck with two choices, one being a outdated version of Kodi that did not play well with many of the add-ons I use on a daily basis, and the second option of having full add-on support but unable to play anything 720 or 1080 (It was so bad I could not keep a movie synced for more then 30 seconds).

What I did to fix it:

* Reinstalled a fresh copy of Kodi 15.2
* Rooted my Droidsticks MX2 player (that was easy, literally just throw a copy of a .zip onto a SD card, entered recovery, flashed it)
* Installed Universial init.d from play store
* Entered the following script (Left out some of the lines in the suggested script, did not feel any need to change the CPU governor or mess with anything beyond amlogic video!)

#!/system/bin/sh
chmod 666 /dev/amvideo
chmod 666 /dev/amstream*

*Did the built in test that Universial init.d recommended I do on the front page and it failed, so no automatic starting of scripts on boot. Minor issue, I reboot this thing once every month or Smile
*Ran the script

Flawless victory. 720 and 1080 both working on a Droidsticks MX2.

Now my last step is to show my girlfriend how to run the script in caase the device gets rebooted and I am not around at the time.

Super hugs thank you, once more, to all the users who posted the fix, and to Kodi devs for making such a awesome product!

This script makes it run so much smooother... thanks alot for the help guys .
I am having playback issues with my box which has an Amlogic S812 so have been reading this thread with interest. I have Kodi 15.2.

The problem I have is that if I have the amcodec enabled under hardware acceleration then pause functionality does not work correctly (after un-pausing the audio continues but the video is frozen). This has been reported by others in a separate thread... http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=217735

If I disable the amcodec under hardware acceleration (leaving libstagefright and mediacodec enabled) then pause is ok but the video is choppy (I have tried the same video in other media players and it works ok so I believe the box is capable of playing it).

Will this script help with the choppy video for my case where only libstagefright and mediacodec codecs are enabled?

Sorry, I have tried reading the thread but wasn't sure if the script is meant for my issue.

Thanks for any help.
Ignore my last post.

I realised my device was already rooted so decided to run the suggested command...

...and playback is now a lot better. I only had time for a quick check but it seemed that with amcodec enabled under hardware acceleration that the audio and video were getting out of sync. So I might leave that one disabled. Need to do a few tests.

Which codecs do you guys have enabled under hardware acceleration?
Help,

I have a Matricom G-Box MX2. I installed Universal Init.d and enabled it. I deleted all scripts besides the script listed above. It appears to execute but when I go to verify the permissions of all of the files that are supposed to change, most have not changed. I decided to manually go file by file and change the permissions. I rebooted and then I finally got smooth 1080p playback.

This tells me that the script can work but Universal Init.d is not executing the script properly. I have made sure that the app has been given root privileges in SuperUser but it is not working. Even when I go in and manually execute the script, not all of the permissions and attributes are changing.

Anything else that I can try?
From memory the script is the last thing executed after all of the boot sub-routines are completed on an Android device, it can take a while to kick in after a reboot.

You MUST select amcodec for decoding, thats what the permissions changes above are for.

Its a trivial thing for these correct permissions to be set in Firmware at the time of compilation of Android. Thats why we continue to Ram home the point Firmware support on an Android device is everything.

Sorry for bringing this back up but I just wanted to get some clarity on how to make sure my AMlogic MXV box plays MPEG2 without buffering and doing weird things?

Do I need to install 14.2 and where is this AMcodec decoding setting? How do I make the permission change on this box?
  • 8(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Video stuttering in Kodi 15 for Amlogic SOCs1