v15 Archlinux - MySQL music library crashing on music playback.
(2015-07-26, 19:17)Milhouse Wrote: Then you might want to install it ASAP as your log is unfortunately worthless without it.

Hello to you too Millhouse,

Well, that really is very unfortunate of me... maybe kodi developers should take that eager quest for stacktraces instead of just plain logs and also package a debugger along with it, as a pre-requisite/dependency, that way kodi wouldn't 'spuriously' spew out worthless logs (when times like these would arise)... that is only a suggestion... from a faithful dumb user... not a sacred programmer... oh well...

Quote:There is currently no indication from the log that the crash of Kodi is SQL related...

Definitely right on that, it could be anything else. Nevertheless it consistently happened with mariadb structure being queried from kodi. Take a look at these if you mind.---> sprunge paste text facility

Quote:Also, you started out saying that the MariaDB server is crashing yet you are posting a Kodi crashlog. Which is it?

Millhouse did you actually read this thread in its entirety? I posted kodi crashlog to address fritsch's request. I did know that those were almost worthless. But those where the ones I had. What better way to prove it than to state what I had?

I know also that these systemd logs may be worthless now, but they are also all I got at the moment from the server side from when those crashes happened.

Quote:If the MariaDB process is crashing then you need to capture the stacktrace from the MariaDB process

Quote:you need...Huh?

Wouldn't a "I need you to" be more straightforward?

Besides... you are right... I was the one interested in having this working... Guess what? It is already working.

And... Hey... what's a forum for after all? Guess I should come to this kodi forum more often so that maybe I could find out the answer to that exact question...

Yours.
So glad you got it working, because with your shitty attitude I doubt you'd be getting much more help.
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
Hello Milhouse.

Thank you for all you did. Especially for your help. Oh and you are right, I just got caught up in all the manure and forgot you could recognize me.

And definitely I must come here more often. But must keep in mind (?) to keep my manure out.

Sorry for my prickyness. Hope you actually accept my apologies, even if you seem so much affected by it and maybe just can't keep yours off.

I suggest we take this thread and take it to the board. Maybe we both can be called upon our otherwise forsaken senses.

Until then, I promise to be more low profile and not so much of a prick. Hey you can even keep your niceness intact and use all your wit in a more productive and helpful way.

Thank you.
at this point I have the distinct feeling that you are just trolling.
Glad this has all settled down now,

I have been following most of the posts within this thread with interest, as I too run Archlinux X86_64, Mariadb and Kodi (latest versions, kernel, mariadb etc in all cases) and they have all been working fine together since upgrading to Kodi 15.
I actually agree that Kodi should require gdb, Its shipped with Kodibuntu by default and Im sure OE must have it, but how practical that would be for a device that doesn't have such package or package manager or way of installing it then you wouldn't be able to install Kodi I imagine.
If I was the owner of such device Im sure I wouldn't be a very happy person not being able to run Kodi because of some hard dependency.

On the other hand, I cant see what the problem is with installing it, especially when crashlogs specifically say you need it, its trivial after all.
With OpenELEC there's no gdb in stable releases, but it is included in development builds. Maybe it would make sense to include gdb in stable releases, particularly now that there is built-in crashlog support, but then again switching (even temporarily) to a development build isn't usually a major undertaking.
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
It should always be included especially when a user cant simply install it, makes 0 sense not to included it in OE, stable doesnt meant it wont crash.
https://mariadb.atlassian.net/browse/MDEV-8525

this is fixed by mariadb now

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Archlinux - MySQL music library crashing on music playback.0