OpenElec LiveTV doesn't work
I am trying to setup an OpenElec system.I can play recording successfully but I can't seem to get the liveTV to work

http://pastebin.com/Q2KrspXx
I'm not quite sure what the issue is. Try temporarily unchecking "Delete temporary stream files" on the Debug tab. Tune to a live channel for 30 seconds or so. Then try adding that directory path (//BeyondTV2-PC/Recorded TV/TempSWMC/) manually in kodi. Videos -> Files, Add Videos..., Browse, Windows Network (SMB) -> Navigate to the server and folder. It should prompt for the username and password. Make sure if you put in the serverwmc user and expected password you can play the files. Make sure the password is correct in ServerWMC.

Also, try posting a full log with starting ServerWMC, successfully playing recorded files, and then failing live tv.
the client cant access the share which means its either file permission issue (you specify a user called serverwmc, is that a windows user with access to the share, and did you definitely set the correct password for it?) or perhaps a DNS issue (can your openelec client ping/resolve "BeyondTV2-PC" by that host name?)
pvr.wmc TV addon and ServerWMC Backend Development Team
http://bit.ly/ServerWMC
the Tempwmc folder is in the RecordedTV folder. I can browse the RecordedTV folder but I can not brwwose the TempWMC folder. I added a a separate share for TempWMC but, even though I tried to match the permissions on the RecordedTV folder, I just cant seem to be able to brwose the folder. SO it is no wonder the live TV doesn't work.

I just can't figure out what I am doing wrong.

I have a separate Win based client and it works just fine agasignt my Server.. It is just the OpenElec version of Kodi that doesn't.
It has to be something with the permissions but for the life I me I can't figure it out.
I finally figured it out. What was throwing me for a loop was that the RecordTV share was accessible but the TempSWMC folder was not. As I dug into it a little more, most of my shares weren't visible on the OpenElec computer. I am not sure why but on the folders that didn't work, if I added the username password from the main Win7 HTPC all of the folders became visible. Now I am not sure why the RecordedTV folder was ever accessible on the OpenElec system.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
OpenElec LiveTV doesn't work0