Kodi runs hot under Linux!
I am running kodi (15.0) on a dual boot Yoga 2 Pro (Windows 8.1 and Linux/lubuntu/cinnamon). When running under windows, the CPU temperature is less than 60 deg. C (usually 56). When I run the very same addon (stream a movie, etc.) under Linux, the CPU temperature often exceeds 82 deg. C. I am using TLP with the default settings.
Does anyone know why this is? I hate to generate all that heat on my lap...
maybe bad gfx drivers and therefore software rendering, provide a Debug Log
I doubt that I have bad gfx drivers with software rendering, but I've been wrong once before, and this could be the second time..
I uploaded the log to:
http://xbmclogs.com/pjjv2iyj2

When I run: sudo lspci -k I get:
00:00.0 Host bridge: Intel Corporation Haswell-ULT DRAM Controller (rev 09)
Subsystem: Lenovo Device 3978
00:02.0 VGA compatible controller: Intel Corporation Haswell-ULT Integrated Graphics Controller (rev 09)
Subsystem: Lenovo Device 3978
Kernel driver in use: i915

Thanks for your help.
I think you won't get much support with a system that is that blown up with those banned addons.

Try with playing a local file and see if it works better. If not, provide a new Debug Log (btw...the log you posted is not a debug log as you missed enabling debug logging in system settings). If it's better with a local file, then just don't use those addons.
1--I know that I have a lot of useless junk there-- I clicked on something like Install all addons or somesuch thing.
2-- Local files work fine.
3-- I'll try the debugging option-- I forgot to switch that on.
No need for a further Debug Log. If local files work fine, you know where the issue is. It´s the addons. And it´s not only useless...it´s illegal! Ask for support from where you get them from. You won´t get support for them in here.

Look at the Forum Rules especially the banned addons part. It´s not allowed to discuss this here.

Greetings
Thanks for the pointer-- this is very helpful.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Kodi runs hot under Linux!0