Thoughts on Kodi
I started my HTPC life using Media portal. It was basic, and restricted to one machine.

Then I found XBMC, which was a better package over all, I then moved onto using MySQL and a NAS, while streaming to multiple devices around the house.

However there were a few things I have always liked to see in XBMC.

The first item was auto jump to the first unwatched item in TV shows, I suggested this a few days after I started using XBMC. So I jumped for joy when I saw this as a feature in the latest version of KODI, so a big thank you to the guy/guys that made that happen (even the GF is thankful).

The other item, and its a big one.

Scraping...

In media portal, you have access to an external tool, which can scrap your library without the need to load up the MP interface. Mainly the ability to see faults like non-scanned items, missing fan art etc.

KODI's internal system struggles with this, and silently ignore any failed scrapes.

Has anyone been able to use the internal scraping in a external program?

I don't mind using the internal interface, but its clunky and there isn't a one stop shop to just scrape and check problems.
There are dozens of kodi compatible external scrapers. Those generate the needed nfo files. In kodi itself you would then use the "nfo only" scraper which pulls in the info that was fetched from the external tool.
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Thoughts on Kodi0