Req Windows system volume control
(2018-02-07, 10:26)Karellen Wrote:
(2018-02-07, 08:57)elektrinis Wrote: 2.5 years later, I am still waiting for this feature.
You might be confusing the Request forum for some other application you have paid for. 
I am likely getting a ban for this, but...
I may be wrong, but are you dropping an argument "It's shit because it's free"?
That said, I am still using Kodi on some of my devices (no longer on all, due to this exact problem), however there are so many basic issues that need solving... It is really pity to watch developers being easily excited by new fancy features, but forgetting core functionality, or making those features stable before being excited about something else. I see this over and over again, in many projects, not just Kodi. But of course open source projects are most vulnerable, where is no clear leader and developers are basically like a band of sheep without a shepherd - everyone is excited about something else.
To conclude, if there is a thread for such feature requests, or if there is a list of features with voting capability - please, point us, clueless users, to the list. If not, then please be kind to hear us out. Paid or not, customer service is always important.
Personally I don't understand the request, but I suppose I use my Kodi in a different way. Not sure how you are using it that requires you to adjust the Windows volume...

Features are only included if one of the developers are interested in taking on the task. There is no voting. The Team does not work on popularity of requests.

Now go and enlighten yourself on what FOSS development is all about. And consider the manner in which you wrote your post. The best way to see a feature not included is to be rude. (go on, tell me you weren't)

Oh, and you might be forgetting... you are not a customer.
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
@elektrinis every feature in Kodi started because some random dude really wanted a feature and nobody else was working on it. So if you really really want this feature, do the next step and get your hands dirty. This is how everyone that's now a team developer started. And please don't confuse the "team member" status to be anything special, or that those are the only people allowed to work on Kodi. The only thing that becoming a team member changes is that those people have more direct ways for communication, but they are still independent developers which do whatever they want to do.

Now I know that requesting to get your hands dirty might sound harsh, and you also might not be a developer in any way, but this didn't stop other people from fixing a bug or adding a desired feature. Some python devs had no dev background and are entirely self-thought, some skinners with no idea of C++ certainly write random patches/fixes for GUI components of Kodi, a former forum mod is now managing parts our build tools (cmake) because he was interested in it and just started to learn it. So not being a developer yourself is absolutely no excuse for not even trying to implement it on your own. If you would like to work on it, you also won't be left alone. Feel free to join our dev-channel on freenode or start to ask questions in the forum (like where to start looking, etc) - you'll see that there will always be a helping hand.

It's btw also a bit unfair to demand from others to spend the most valuable thing they have, lifetime, for something they are not at all interested in. Fixing bugs you don't care about is one thing, but random features that affect maybe 1% of the users are not really a high priority task for the other 99% that have absolutely no use for it. So it's always depending on the POV of the respective person, and when nobody for whom this feature is "mandatory" is willing to step up and work on it, I'm sorry, but then it just won't happen, regardless of any leadership (also leaders will trade features that benefit 99% over the ones that only affect 1%, even in commercial environements).

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Windows system volume control0