Req iOS 8.x Airplay Video
hey everybody,
is there a working groupe to fix the iOS 8.x airplay video stream issues?
Or how does it handle for the next month?
I miss this feature soo much that i can imagen that i join this work groupe to find the bug in the source code or api.

If this possible please write me a message!

Bisa
I am the work group i fear.

Question is - what issues are you refering to? The only issue that i really have confirmed is when using ios8 clients with kodi running on android (only pictures and audio works reliable in that use case).

All other problems users report are either related to the used apps (for example the official youtube app which will never work again with kodi) or with network issues (mostly disabled or blocked multicast traffic on the router side).
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)
do you mean iOS airplay works with kodi on android devices? But not with a raspberrry pi?
is multi cast to several devices a new feature of airplay in iOS 8? But why does it blocked in the network? with an appletv it works....

And why doesn't support the youtube app not longer the airplay feature of iOS?
No you have read it the wrong way. Kodi airplay in general supports:

1. Streaming music (airtunes)
2. Showing pictures (airplay)
3. Streaming videos (airplay)

When kodi runs on android - point 3 doesn't work when an ios7.x or newer client device is used.

Google made the youtube.app incompatible with any open source implementation of airplay. Only the official appleTV is capable of receive streams from it.

Kodi does not support AirPlay mirroring because the needed encryption is not revealed yet.

The fact that you proposed to fix our code made me think that you already have a bit of a clue about airplay and that its not a standard which is opened up - but only reverse engineering allows us to partly support it.

In the end it just sounds like you don't have a clue but just think its adding some lines of code at the right spot - well its a bit harder with airplay - we are talking more in a direction of "hacking an proprietary apple encryption" ...
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
iOS 8.x Airplay Video0