Content type changed on a library folder?
Anyone else had this?

My movies folder has always been m:\movies
The entry on my XBMC install is configured for m:\movies, always has been.

Tonight I add a film and I'll be damned if I can't get the scanner to pick it up.
I bum around and finally find the media type has been reset to TV, not to Movies.

I wouldn't make this post except it's hapenned at LEAST one other time.
Anyone else seen it? I'm using 14.2 - is this common?
And so this has occurred AGAIN - is there something broken with the universal movie scanner? What's "the" scanner / filetype for movies?
That's fucking weird. The best thing you can do is upload a debug log so we can see what is going on....but that's just fucking weird lol
It could be a user error, I can't be 100000% certain, at this point I've 100% fixed it now, if it happens again though.... then I'll know for sure.
What was the deal??
I can't BELIEVE THIS HAS HAPENNED AGAIN I AM SO GOD DAMNED PISSED OFF.

It takes a lot for me to be this annoyed. I've had couchpotato die today due to a poor update rolled out by the developer now my Kodi m:\movies path has mysteriously ONCE AGAIN reverted to content type "nothing inparticular" rather than bloody movies.

Awesome, just great.
I'm using the latest official 15 build with a MySQL configuration, what do I need to do to STOP this occuring in future? I can't be the only one whos library is getting randomly wiped out due to a folder content type being changed?
UGH
So annoyed, so god damned annoyed.
The joys of constantly progressing software just because it says final doent mean flawless im afraid, i see your frustration and havent dabbled with mysql i get enough of sql at work using Smartplant and couldnt be bothred with it at home too.

Do you not do a daily backup? If not its 100% worthwhile as its saved me hours of frustration in the past.

Sorry i cant be of help buddy.
I suspect this problem may be caused by drive mappings that drop out, you open Kodi, it can't find data, then you close kodi and re-open, bam - broken

It's infrequent so I need to catch it, or spend time investigating recreating.
Could it have something to do with Kodi lauched quicker than your pc getting an IPadres? That would explain why the network can't be found
My HTPC has a batch file which specifically does multiple other things before opening Kodi. It's definitely not the network not being live yet.
I did some testing and I am not sure it's a dropped drive mapping either.

I haven't seen the problem in a few weeks luckily.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Content type changed on a library folder?0