Constantly freezing
Hi...running open elec build on Raspberry Pi the system is continually freezing,
losing connection with constellation remote and requiring hard restart of the device. This usually happens when watching a YouTube video for example and browsing menu. Running confluence skin to not hog memory but this doesn't seem to help. What is the fix for this?!
No fix based on the information provided.

Inadequate power supply is the most likely cause of these symptoms, but without information I'm guessing.

Describing the exact model of Pi, any USB or other peripherals, version of OpenELEC and a debug log (wiki) are the minimum pieces of information we'll need.
Open elec 5.0.8, raspberry pi 2, no peripherals. wired ethernet connection. Constantly freezing, even when trying to play simple you tube videos. Can try to provide a debug log if I can capture a freezing episode.
This keeps happening and absolutely CONSTANTLY, but for some reason every time I hard reset and enable debugging I can't get it to happen so I haven't been able to post a debug log (i.e. having debugging enabled seems to fix the problem whatever it is)... Again, when debugging is NOT enabled, whenever listening to music or watching video, trying to browse any menu or really do anything whatsoever causes the entire system to freeze necessitating unplugging the Pi and performing a hard reset over and over and over again. Help please, very frustrating!

Another curious thing I have noticed on my Pi is that volume control on Constellation works fine with music, but doesn't control videos...do I have settings out of whack somewhere?...
Do you have passthrough enabled? If so then you can't adjust volume from kodi (need to adjust TV/receiver volume).

Do you ever see the under-voltage warning?
If you are overclocking then disable it and test.
Try renaming ~/.kodi to ~/.kodi_back and reboot to disable all custom settings and add-ons and see if it is more stable then. Change settings and install add-ons slowly checking if they make it less stable.
You could try the nearly Isengard final build.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Constantly freezing0