Concept - Copacetic: A new skin from QuizKid and Hitcher

Thread Rating:
  • 6 Vote(s) - 3.67 Average
QuizKid Offline
(2015-07-29 21:55)thedeadman Wrote:  Right justified textbox content... Best avoided if at all possible!

How come? It would basically be like the list view that I've already done then with the info in the space on the right I think

Edit: Ah I see what you mean in that thumbnail, yeah I won't do that.
(This post was last modified: 2015-07-30 00:54 by QuizKid.)
find quote
thedeadman Offline
Skilled Skinner
Ha- yeah, sorry - should've been more specific there! I did just mean the textbox content.

On a similar nit-picky point, i'd vertically align the episode numbers with the episode titles as well.

Dunno if you've come across this, but this book is well worth a few quid when it comes to working with minimalist UI:
http://www.amazon.co.uk/Universal-Princi...1592530079

Bitcoin donations: 1Hvo9rWzhAVbuPrshgaGZaD7qcLFTCPuiv

[Skin] Pellucid
[Skin] Maximinimalism
(This post was last modified: 2015-07-30 17:54 by thedeadman.)
find quote
QuizKid Offline
Cheers, I couldn't get the link to work, but I found it from the URL, looks interesting, may well try and convince someone into getting me an early Christmas present!

(2015-07-30 11:03)thedeadman Wrote:  Ha- yeah, sorry - should've been more specific there! I did just mean the textbox content.

On a similar nit-picky point, i'd vertically align the episode numbers with the episode titles as well.

Dunno if you've come across this, but this book is well worth a few quid when it comes to working with minimalist UI:
http://www.amazon.co.uk/Universal-Princi...592530079.
find quote
thedeadman Offline
Skilled Skinner
My bad. Link fixed.

Bitcoin donations: 1Hvo9rWzhAVbuPrshgaGZaD7qcLFTCPuiv

[Skin] Pellucid
[Skin] Maximinimalism
find quote
FlammableD Offline
Lovely. Can't wait for this. Some really nice logo use, which is something I've been eager for.
find quote
QuizKid Offline
(2015-07-30 23:25)FlammableD Wrote:  Lovely. Can't wait for this. Some really nice logo use, which is something I've been eager for.

Cheers - I've updated the gallery again (I really need to stop tinkering!!) to include the logo variants for each view where applicable. Basically, I'm thinking it'll be optional in nearly every circumstance to opt for a logo instead of a text title and also to show/hide the flags I think.
find quote
FlammableD Offline
(2015-07-31 04:43)QuizKid Wrote:  
(2015-07-30 23:25)FlammableD Wrote:  Lovely. Can't wait for this. Some really nice logo use, which is something I've been eager for.

Cheers - I've updated the gallery again (I really need to stop tinkering!!) to include the logo variants for each view where applicable. Basically, I'm thinking it'll be optional in nearly every circumstance to opt for a logo instead of a text title and also to show/hide the flags I think.

Looks great, that's basically exactly what I've been wanting since I noticed it on Netflix Tongue
find quote
Hitcher Offline
Team-Kodi Member
Coding these views is nice and easy. Tongue
(This post was last modified: 2015-08-03 18:59 by Hitcher.)
find quote
jurialmunkey Offline
Skilled Skinner
Looking effing fantastic! Big Grin
find quote
GamerGabe Offline
Any news on an alpha release?
find quote
QuizKid Offline
no idea to be honest, but hopefully it won't be the distant future - after doing the media views, I'm trying to figure out what the rest of the skin will look like - feel like I've eaten my dessert and now I've got a plate full of vegetables...
find quote
toolpunk Offline
That's where a lot of skins stumble. Dialogs sure ain't pretty, but they are necessary. Try to keep them simple, if you think they're overly complicated and have far too many controls, you are probably right. My WIP skin doesn't even support all of Kodi's features for that reason. What I'm trying to say is, don't be afraid to remove stuff that doesn't seem beneficial to you.

[Image: itW3Z0c.png]
find quote
QuizKid Offline
cheers for the advice!
find quote
jurialmunkey Offline
Skilled Skinner
(2015-08-03 18:51)toolpunk Wrote:  That's where a lot of skins stumble. Dialogs sure ain't pretty, but they are necessary. Try to keep them simple, if you think they're overly complicated and have far too many controls, you are probably right. My WIP skin doesn't even support all of Kodi's features for that reason. What I'm trying to say is, don't be afraid to remove stuff that doesn't seem beneficial to you.

Unless you want official repo inclusion.......

If you do then you need to have all the controls intact unless there is a very good case for removing them.
Afaik, only optionals are - mouse/touch support, pvr windows, and karaoke and peripherals dialogs.
find quote
toolpunk Offline
Yet the multipath buttons for instance aren't necessary. You can just as well add multiple sources. Or organize your files in a smarter way, or if you absolutely depend on having arbitrary paths bundled as a single source, you could probably still edit the sources.xml file manually.

That's just one of many examples. DialogSongInfo is almost useless, save for the rating function. You can also combine DialogSeekbar and VideoFullScreen etc. There's a lot of options to clean things up.

If the official repo doesn't allow this, then so be it. Imo, it'd be stupid to create a poor user interface just to get on there.

[Image: itW3Z0c.png]
find quote