• 10(current)
Beta Copacetic: alpha and beta development thread
If you only have list view then you're in files mode and not library.
Thanks Hitcher,

But how can I do (as it works with osmc skin for example) to have :
shortcut on main page to a folder in which I have sub folders. Main folder should be list view to be able to go to sub folders. And one of sub folders contains movies which are in the library.
If I set my main folder as "movies" then I cannot change the view mode to be list view to ba able to see the subfolders...
As I said it works for other skins.

Thanks
Maybe I was not very clear...

My main folder si set to files content. One of my subfolders is set to movies (so this folder is in library mode). I cannot change the view for this subfolder other than list.
In osmc skin (I think Hitcher, you worked on that skin) it works. I can change the view for that subfolder as it is set as movie content.
In copacetic it does not work.

I would really appreciate any help to fix this as I prefer your skin over the others!

thanks
It's because you're going into that folder in files mode and we lock files mode viewing to list only. Just enter your movies as normal.
If I understand you well :
You lock files mode to list view. And subfolders aswell? Can't we change subfolders content? (well, yes I can change subfolders content but they are stucked with the main folder list mode).
I have many folders with subfolders for kids (not the same age at all, so lot of folders structure).

Could you point me in which xml I can change that behavior that you locked?

Thanks for your help Hitcher
The thing is when you enter files you're not in the library but instead you're in sources which can contain multiple types of content, hence the reason it's locked down to the list view. Why not simply make a smart playlist for each item and add them to the home menu separately?
Ok thanks for that advice, but I still would prefer to be able to navigate through my sources (I have actually 4 of them (2 for the kids), which contain some folders with series of cartoons (with subfolders and sub subfolders) and other folders with proper cartoon (which are in the library) and other folders with movies (which are in the library)).
So basicaly I just have some of my subfolders which are with movie content and set like that with the option in the skin. The other folders are just set as "none" to view them as list and navigate through them as I would do in a folder structure on my pc.

The thing is that with all the other skins that I tested I don't have any problem to set a source as file and then set some subfolders as movie. When I tried your skin which I like very much because of the design and the simplicity, my already setup sources and folders did not work as expected.

That's why I am insisting (sorry...) to understand why it does not work like the other skins and I am asking you if you could point me to the right xml to change this behavior (as I am not a skinner at all, but understand a little bit this skinning script)

Thanks for your patience Hitcher!
Remove/edit the visible conditions in the viewtype XMLs.
This is what I tried to find in the viewtype xml but without any success... Finally I think I am more noob than I thought.
For example if I want to be able to use Viewtype_520_RowPoster.xml for my sources set to file, which ! should I delete?
Maybe should I modify Viewtype_50_List.xml ?
I am lost...

Should I put a line like that in Viewtype_520_RowPoster.xml :
<visible>Container.Content(movies) | Container.Content(tvshows) | Container.Content(seasons) | Container.Content(episodes) | Container.Content(artists)</visible>

Thanks
Wink 
post deleted - it was not helpful...
Vero 4k+ - Apple TV 4k - Odroid N2 | Yamaha RX-V483 | Sony 55XE9305 | Synology DS916+
ok found it. I had to uncomment that line in a poster view

<visible>SubString(Container.FolderPath,videodb://) | SubString(Container.FolderPath,special://) | SubString(Container.FolderPath,addons://) | SubString(Container.FolderPath,musicdb://) | SubString(Container.FolderPath,androidapp://)</visible>

Thanks Hitcher and keep on the nice job!
Any chance you could update this to work with Leia?
best minimal skin for small tv Smile
I've quickly added colorbox for myself to this, and also updated a few obsolete functions (IsEmpty etc.).

https://github.com/BADMS/skin.copacetix
(2017-12-12, 08:39)firewater Wrote: Any chance you could update this to work with Leia?
 Current master is updated for Leia.

For Krypton use - https://github.com/HitcherUK/skin.copace...ee/Krypton
  • 10(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Copacetic: alpha and beta development thread8