[Kodi 15] - install on Ubuntu from source
Hi,

I try install from source kodi 15 on ubuntu 14.02 but I have problem when I put command "make", after that I get error messages:

Code:
CPP     xbmc/cores/DllLoader/exports/emu_dummy.o
In file included from /m/BUILDS/xbmc-15.0-Isengard/xbmc/utils/log.h:36,
                 from emu_dummy.cpp:23:
/m/BUILDS/xbmc-15.0-Isengard/xbmc/utils/GlobalsHandling.h:142: error: ‘shared_ptr’ is not a member of ‘std’
/m/BUILDS/xbmc-15.0-Isengard/xbmc/utils/GlobalsHandling.h:142: error: ‘shared_ptr’ is not a member of ‘std’
/m/BUILDS/xbmc-15.0-Isengard/xbmc/utils/GlobalsHandling.h:142: error: template argument 1 is invalid
/m/BUILDS/xbmc-15.0-Isengard/xbmc/utils/GlobalsHandling.h:142: error: expected unqualified-id before ‘>’ token
/m/BUILDS/xbmc-15.0-Isengard/xbmc/utils/GlobalsHandling.h:154: error: ISO C++ forbids declaration of ‘shared_ptr’ with no type
/m/BUILDS/xbmc-15.0-Isengard/xbmc/utils/GlobalsHandling.h:154: error: invalid use of ‘::’
/m/BUILDS/xbmc-15.0-Isengard/xbmc/utils/GlobalsHandling.h:154: error: expected ‘;’ before ‘<’ token
emu_dummy.cpp:30: error: expected ‘;’ at end of input
emu_dummy.cpp:30: error: expected ‘}’ at end of input
In file included from /m/BUILDS/xbmc-15.0-Isengard/xbmc/utils/log.h:36,
                 from emu_dummy.cpp:23:
/m/BUILDS/xbmc-15.0-Isengard/xbmc/utils/GlobalsHandling.h:129: error: expected unqualified-id at end of input
/m/BUILDS/xbmc-15.0-Isengard/xbmc/utils/GlobalsHandling.h:129: error: expected ‘}’ at end of input
make[1]: *** [emu_dummy.o] Error 1
make: *** [xbmc/cores/DllLoader/exports/exports.a] Error 2
xbmc@xbmc-media:/m/BUILDS/xbmc-15.0-Isengard$ cat /etc/issue

Ubuntu 14.04 32-bit.
make 3.81-8.2ubuntu3
gcc-4.4 4.4.7-8ubuntu1
ii g++ 4:4.8.2-1ubuntu6
Can you pastebin the config.log?

Also what commend did you issue, sudo make or make?
how did you end up with gcc-4.4 on ubuntu 14.04? We need C++11 support, with is gcc >=4.7 min, >= 4.8.1 recommended. Trustys default gcc is 4.8
Nice @wsnipex, that will teach me not to reply to a post past my bedtime Wink

He specifically installed it? http://packages.ubuntu.com/trusty/devel/gcc-4.4

Remove that and install http://packages.ubuntu.com/trusty/devel/gcc which is correct version, better yet just remove all that and install build-essential
Hi,

Today I want install from source kodi 15.2 on ubuntu 15.10 and I have problem...
Code:
ar: `u' modifier ignored since `D' is the default (see `U')
LD      kodi.bin
xbmc/utils/utils.a(Fanart.o): In function `CFanart::Pack()':
/m/BUILDS/xbmc-15.2-Isengard/xbmc/utils/Fanart.cpp:56: undefined reference to `operator<<(std::string&, TiXmlNode const&)'
xbmc/settings/settings.a(AdvancedSettings.o):(.data.rel.ro._ZTV12CXBMCTinyXML[_ZTV12CXBMCTinyXML]+0x50): undefined reference to `TiXmlDocument::StreamIn(std::istream*, std::string*)'
xbmc/video/video.a(VideoInfoTag.o): In function `CVideoInfoTag::ParseNative(TiXmlElement const*, bool)':
/m/BUILDS/xbmc-15.2-Isengard/xbmc/video/VideoInfoTag.cpp:674: undefined reference to `operator<<(std::string&, TiXmlNode const&)'
/m/BUILDS/xbmc-15.2-Isengard/xbmc/video/VideoInfoTag.cpp:850: undefined reference to `operator<<(std::string&, TiXmlNode const&)'
/m/BUILDS/xbmc-15.2-Isengard/xbmc/video/VideoInfoTag.cpp:854: undefined reference to `operator<<(std::string&, TiXmlNode const&)'
xbmc/addons/addons.a(AddonManager.o): In function `ADDON::CAddonMgr::LoadAddonDescriptionFromMemory(TiXmlElement const*, std::shared_ptr<ADDON::IAddon>&)':
/m/BUILDS/xbmc-15.2-Isengard/xbmc/addons/AddonManager.cpp:1049: undefined reference to `operator<<(std::string&, TiXmlNode const&)'
/m/BUILDS/xbmc-15.2-Isengard/xbmc/addons/AddonManager.cpp:1050: undefined reference to `operator<<(std::string&, TiXmlNode const&)'
xbmc/addons/addons.a(AddonManager.o):/m/BUILDS/xbmc-15.2-Isengard/xbmc/addons/AddonManager.cpp:1022: more undefined references to `operator<<(std::string&, TiXmlNode const&)' follow
xbmc/input/input.a(ButtonTranslator.o): In function `TiXmlElement::QueryValueAttribute(std::string const&, std::string*) const':
/usr/include/tinyxml.h:1043: undefined reference to `TiXmlAttributeSet::Find(std::string const&) const'
/usr/include/tinyxml.h:1043: undefined reference to `TiXmlAttributeSet::Find(std::string const&) const'
xbmc/music/music.a(Album.o): In function `CAlbum::Load(TiXmlElement const*, bool, bool)':
/m/BUILDS/xbmc-15.2-Isengard/xbmc/music/Album.cpp:260: undefined reference to `operator<<(std::string&, TiXmlNode const&)'
xbmc/music/music.a(Artist.o): In function `CArtist::Load(TiXmlElement const*, bool, bool)':
/m/BUILDS/xbmc-15.2-Isengard/xbmc/music/Artist.cpp:88: undefined reference to `operator<<(std::string&, TiXmlNode const&)'
/m/BUILDS/xbmc-15.2-Isengard/xbmc/music/Artist.cpp:125: undefined reference to `operator<<(std::string&, TiXmlNode const&)'
/m/BUILDS/xbmc-15.2-Isengard/xbmc/music/Artist.cpp:129: undefined reference to `operator<<(std::string&, TiXmlNode const&)'
xbmc/settings/lib/settings_lib.a(SettingsManager.o): In function `CSettingsManager::Serialize(TiXmlNode*) const':
/m/BUILDS/xbmc-15.2-Isengard/xbmc/settings/lib/SettingsManager.cpp:681: undefined reference to `TiXmlElement::TiXmlElement(std::string const&)'
/m/BUILDS/xbmc-15.2-Isengard/xbmc/settings/lib/SettingsManager.cpp:671: undefined reference to `TiXmlElement::TiXmlElement(std::string const&)'
xbmc/view/view.a(ViewStateSettings.o): In function `CViewStateSettings::Save(TiXmlNode*) const':
/m/BUILDS/xbmc-15.2-Isengard/xbmc/view/ViewStateSettings.cpp:147: undefined reference to `TiXmlElement::TiXmlElement(std::string const&)'
xbmc/utils/utils.a(ScraperParser.o): In function `CScraperParser::ParseXSLT(std::string const&, std::string&, TiXmlElement*, bool)':
/m/BUILDS/xbmc-15.2-Isengard/xbmc/utils/ScraperParser.cpp:347: undefined reference to `operator<<(std::string&, TiXmlNode const&)'
xbmc/utils/utils.a(XBMCTinyXML.o): In function `CXBMCTinyXML::CXBMCTinyXML(std::string const&)':
/m/BUILDS/xbmc-15.2-Isengard/xbmc/utils/XBMCTinyXML.cpp:45: undefined reference to `TiXmlDocument::TiXmlDocument(std::string const&)'
xbmc/utils/utils.a(XBMCTinyXML.o): In function `CXBMCTinyXML::CXBMCTinyXML(std::string const&, std::string const&)':
/m/BUILDS/xbmc-15.2-Isengard/xbmc/utils/XBMCTinyXML.cpp:50: undefined reference to `TiXmlDocument::TiXmlDocument(std::string const&)'
xbmc/cores/ExternalPlayer/ExternalPlayer.a(ExternalPlayer.o): In function `CExternalPlayer::Initialize(TiXmlElement*)':
/m/BUILDS/xbmc-15.2-Isengard/xbmc/cores/ExternalPlayer/ExternalPlayer.cpp:634: undefined reference to `operator<<(std::string&, TiXmlNode const&)'
xbmc/interfaces/legacy/legacy.a(Control.o): In function `XBMCAddon::xbmcgui::Control::setAnimations(std::vector<XBMCAddon::Tuple<std::string, std::string, XBMCAddon::tuple_null_type, XBMCAddon::tuple_null_type, XBMCAddon::tuple_null_type>, std::allocator<XBMCAddon::Tuple<std::string, std::string, XBMCAddon::tuple_null_type, XBMCAddon::tuple_null_type, XBMCAddon::tuple_null_type> > > const&)':
/m/BUILDS/xbmc-15.2-Isengard/xbmc/interfaces/legacy/Control.cpp:819: undefined reference to `TiXmlElement::SetAttribute(std::string const&, std::string const&)'
collect2: error: ld returned 1 exit status
Makefile:486: recipe for target 'kodi.bin' failed
make: *** [kodi.bin] Error 1

I try to compile with gcc-4.8,9 and 5.0.. effect is the same Sad.. Link for config.log -> http://pastebin.com/unx6Xqnx
your tinyxml installation is broken / missing.
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
Hi fritsch,

Code:
dpkg -l |grep tinyxml
ii  libtinyxml-dev:i386                  2.6.2-3                                          i386         TinyXml library - header and static library
ii  libtinyxml2-2v5:i386                 2.2.0-1.1ubuntu1                                 i386         C++ XML parsing library
ii  libtinyxml2-dev:i386                 2.2.0-1.1ubuntu1                                 i386         TinyXML2 library - header and static library
ii  libtinyxml2.6.2v5:i386               2.6.2-3                                          i386         C++ XML parsing library

Which tinyxml is missing?
It's broken - overwritten - manually f*cked up - by you trying to do some "make install" magic?
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
No "make install" I have this error on "make".
Yeah - what I said: You have broken your installation by messing with ppa / manually compiled libtag libraries ... linker fails.
firtsch - I'ts work on 15.04, it's broken after update to 15.10. I don't have xbmc from ppa.. I don't compiled libtag... manually:-(
It works for me on 15.10 - with just those libs installed via the repo. Post your config.log it will show what is going on.
This is first time when I have problem with compile xbmc with some packages...... can you show me your tinyxml packages installed?
Here you my config.log: http://pastebin.com/dtxbt7ju
sudo apt-get build-dep kodi

is enough as Ubuntu 15.10 already ships 15.1 by default
After upgrade I have problem with depends:-(

Code:
sudo apt-get build-dep kodi
Reading package lists... Done
Building dependency tree      
Reading state information... Done
E: Build-Depends dependency for kodi cannot be satisfied because candidate version of package libgif-dev can't satisfy version requirements

Code:
sudo aptitude install kodi  
The following NEW packages will be installed:
  fonts-liberation{a} kodi{b} kodi-bin{ab} libsdl2-2.0-0{a} libshairplay0{a} libtag1-vanilla{a} libtag1c2a{a} python-bluez{a} python-imaging{a}
  python-pil{a} python-support{a}
0 packages upgraded, 11 newly installed, 0 to remove and 0 not upgraded.
Need to get 28.3 MB/28.6 MB of archives. After unpacking 75.1 MB will be used.
The following packages have unmet dependencies:
kodi-bin : Depends: libpcrecpp0 (>= 7.7) which is a virtual package and is not provided by any available package.

Depends: libtinyxml2.6.2 which is a virtual package and is not provided by any available package.

kodi : Depends: libnfs4 which is a virtual package and is not provided by any available package.
or
                 libnfs1 which is a virtual package and is not provided by any available package.

libtag1v5-vanilla : Breaks: libtag1-vanilla but 1.9.1-2.2~ppa~vivid is to be installed.
libtag1v5 : Conflicts: libtag1c2a but 1.9.1-2.2~ppa~vivid is to be installed.
The following actions will resolve these dependencies:

Keep the following packages at their current version:
1)     kodi [Not Installed]                              
2)     kodi-bin [Not Installed]                          
3)     libtag1-vanilla [Not Installed]                    
4)     libtag1c2a [Not Installed]

The only way is resolve problem with compile from source or install from scratch.....

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[Kodi 15] - install on Ubuntu from source0