Raspberry kodi
guys,

Purchased last March my RP , Ibood. I am trying to find out how it works and i got some noob questions. I cant find the answers on the forums.

Q1-how can i get a shortcut to a addon on my mainscreen
Q2-can i play dvd files, if sohow
Q3- i tried the default webbrowser, but thats was awfull. Is it possible to install a regular browser, if so how?
Q4-i am still not sure about the installing programs part. There is no such thing as a marketplace like android?

Hope someone wants to reply to my really noob questions. Its always like this when one purchases something completely different, where to start and how. But doing something new is good for the brains they sayWink
I think you need to say what your configuration is - especially what software you have loaded.
On this information may depend some of the answers you get - which may include redirecting you to more appropriate forums.
q2 - you can play DVDs, and also files ripped from DVDs or ISOs made from DVDs
q4 - some of the distros have recourse to the standard kodi repositories, wherein you can find addons of all sorts
Derek
Q1 - it depends on skin You are using, but this should be in Settings -> Appearance > Skin Settings
Skin is Kodi 14.2. Found the addon section, q1 solved ?. Concerning the dvd playing, which addon should i use too play the dvd's?
http://kodi.wiki/view/DVDPlayer
you don't need an add-on to play DVDs, they are supported out of the box. Just add them to your library (or browse to the directory where you have the ISOs or Rips) and hit play. If you have a PI2, then everything should be working fine out of the box, if you're having an older model, then you will need the MPEG2 license to get smooth playback.
Manu thanks for the reply. I do have the rpi2, but when i go to the video folder through the video screen, it doesnt start, it is openen as if i am in an explorer.
Rather than entering the folder, use the context menu, which will give options (including play)
HTH
Derek
@Enkidoe, well, when browsing via "files" then that's what you get, a file browser. So if you're DVDs are ripped as folders (having VIDEO_TS folder etc) and not as ISO, then either trigger the context menu on the movies folder, or click one of the .ifo files (don't remember the name of the main ifo file).

If you like it a little more pretty, then I suggest to index all your media and use the library mode instead.
ok, the inf part doesnt work. am getting an afwul sweeky sound.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Raspberry kodi1