v15 Calibration error with OSD
Hello,

I encounter a display problem when playing video. As you can see on these screenshot despite the calibration of the screen that lets me navigate normally in the interface, when I run a video, kodi seems not reflect the calibration of the screen.

In red I marked the limit of the screen and as you see, there is indeed a black area around the first screenshot corresponding to the non-visible part. If I carry this framework on the second screenshot, I find the same OSD display truncated in playback mode ...

I'm on the last update Isengard on ubuntu repository. I tested on both Confluence and Aeon Nox SILVO but it does not seem to be related to the skin.

Does anyone has a solution?
HTPC - Nvidia Shield TV
Desktop - Homemade : 11th Gen Intel® Core™ i5-11600K @ 3.90GHz | 32GB | AMD Radeon RX 6600 XT | SSD 500Go + 750Go + HDD 500Go | --W10--
NAS - Synology DS414 : [2*8To WD Red Plus (Raid 1)] + [2*6To WD Red (Raid 1)]
KODI 19.3
Set the TV to just scan or scan or whatever is the setting name for dont mess with the image.
I don't have this kind of option. I have an old Panasonic with merely 10-15 parameters.

I think it was an issue of Isengard because i don't have this problem under Kodi 14.
HTPC - Nvidia Shield TV
Desktop - Homemade : 11th Gen Intel® Core™ i5-11600K @ 3.90GHz | 32GB | AMD Radeon RX 6600 XT | SSD 500Go + 750Go + HDD 500Go | --W10--
KODI 19.3
You must have something of the sort that doesnt do anything to the HDMI signal whats the TV model exactly?

Can you pastebin a complete Debug Log? Lets see what that says in there.
Thers many threads about this issue and always the TV settings on this area cause this (Kodi doesn't care about or touches this in my experience) see http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=156716 for e.g and the many other threads on same subject all over the internet and more on these forums.
I have a panasonic viera tx-32lxd71f. As i said, there is only an option to choose aspect (fixed on 16/9) and if i choose auto, there is no change. There is only options to change contraste, color...
HTPC - Nvidia Shield TV
KODI 19.3
You should have an option called JUST which is the option you HAVE to choose Smile http://www.manualslib.com/manual/647944/...=18#manual according to that manual you do and I believe the manual.
If it's the aspect option, it change nothing. i have tested all the aspect and nothing work...

Here my log if it can help : http://pastebin.com/4fqS8dtn
HTPC - Nvidia Shield TV
KODI 19.3
Please answer these questions, So you have that JUST option or no? Did you upgrade the underlying Linux Operative system?

Your Debug Log should have the resolution enumeration for your video card which tells us what resolutions your video card supports (this is fairly important) and may explain the issue is probably OS side.
In fact your log is missing many thisgs I expect to see on any Linux Debug Log. I dont even see the video crad enumeration/video driver in use etc.

I would also like the output of.

Code:
DISPLAY=:0 /usr/lib/kodi/kodi-xrandr | pastebinit

dmesg | pastebinit

lspci | grep -i --color 'vga|3d|2d' | pastebinit

nvidia-smi | pastebinit

Also can you try to reinstall your video card drivers please and repost a debug log

To overrule Kodi issues or skin issues or 3rd party addons (also missing from your log) quickly, do this, Stop kodi running rename your userdata (wiki) folder and start Kodi.

Thats the quickest way to test without 3rd party skins / addons and in case you messed up the calibration, if with default settings you still have some issue then (its fully reversible as you just backup the userdata by renaming it, to restore it reverse the process.

I sum I suspect its OS side issues could be broken installation of something.
(2015-07-25, 09:00)uNiversal Wrote: Please answer these questions, So you have that JUST option or no? Did you upgrade the underlying Linux Operative system?
I have option JUST but it only zoom a little. I have make a dist-upgrade for the last update (I had the calibration error before) so it's up-to-date.

(2015-07-25, 09:00)uNiversal Wrote: Your Debug Log should have the resolution enumeration for your video card which tells us what resolutions your video card supports (this is fairly important) and may explain the issue is probably OS side.
In fact your log is missing many thisgs I expect to see on any Linux Debug Log. I dont even see the video crad enumeration/video driver in use etc.
It's probably because i have set log on -1. I activated the log from Setting / System / Debug so it may missing some things. I will test with full log.

Here the new log : http://pastebin.com/yFaU9aAc

(2015-07-25, 09:00)uNiversal Wrote: I would also like the output of.

Code:
DISPLAY=:0 /usr/lib/kodi/kodi-xrandr | pastebinit
http://paste.ubuntu.com/11935922/
(2015-07-25, 09:00)uNiversal Wrote:
Code:
dmesg | pastebinit
http://paste.ubuntu.com/11935959/
Code:
lspci | grep -i --color 'vga|3d|2d' | pastebinit
Code:
xbmc@xbmc:~$ lspci | grep -i --color 'vga|3d|2d' | pastebinit
Vous essayez d'envoyer un document vierge, fermeture de l'application.
Code:
nvidia-smi | pastebinit
http://paste.ubuntu.com/11935963/

(2015-07-25, 09:00)uNiversal Wrote: Also can you try to reinstall your video card drivers please and repost a debug log
I will wait to see if you find the problem on the logs
(2015-07-25, 09:00)uNiversal Wrote: To overrule Kodi issues or skin issues or 3rd party addons (also missing from your log) quickly, do this, Stop kodi running rename your userdata (wiki) folder and start Kodi.

Thats the quickest way to test without 3rd party skins / addons and in case you messed up the calibration, if with default settings you still have some issue then (its fully reversible as you just backup the userdata by renaming it, to restore it reverse the process.
I will test that.
HTPC - Nvidia Shield TV
KODI 19.3
dmesg look at it,,, your dvd/cd drve is going nuts, remove any media from it reboot and grab another dmesg output.

xandr you are missing 1080@24p and 1080@ 23.76p you are running in 720p (so that explain why you cant get fullscreen) but why idk it should use 1080p at least for skin, also there's no decent 1080 modes. Basically rubbish

nvidia drivers are old now use this ppa https://launchpad.net/~universal/+archiv...ia-updates

and update vdpau and nvidia drivers/settings packages
my dvd player seem to be broken, i don't use it so...

i will take a look on the driver update.
HTPC - Nvidia Shield TV
KODI 19.3
well unplug it or something, I cant see anything in dmseg but dvd/cd drive errors and with that info its useless to debug your system, which also seems to be broken.

The driver update cross your fingers that fixes it.

Did you by chance upgrade the OS? That would explain why your system seems broken

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Calibration error with OSD0