Gotham underlying Linux OS version?
Greetings,

Was Gotham based on the LTS version of Linux that the latest 15.0 of KodiTV uses? If so, I guess I can just upgrade my system versus a full rebuild.

Is there a cmd line code I can find out my version of linux?
ZOTAC IONITX-D-E Intel Atom N330 Dual Core 1.6 GHz NVIDIA ION with LIVE on SSD (now updated to Nvidia Shield Pro (P2897)
kernel: uname -r
release: lsb_release -a

A Kodi version is never based on a specific linux version. Gotham, for example, was just a codename for XBMC explaining which version it is. Gotham, Helix, Isengard (G, H, I...) and so on...

If you are talking about XBMCbuntu which ships Gotham, then I think it was based on Ubuntu 12.04 LTS. But I´m not 100% sure. The support for Ubuntu 12.x is dropped now. So you might get it working on 12.04 (if you still use this), but as support for this is dropped, I would recommend to upgrade to 14.x
(2015-07-24, 07:34)David1977 Wrote: kernel: uname -r
release: lsb_release -a

A Kodi version is never based on a specific linux version. Gotham, for example, was just a codename for XBMC explaining which version it is. Gotham, Helix, Isengard (G, H, I...) and so on...

If you are talking about XBMCbuntu which ships Gotham, then I think it was based on Ubuntu 12.04 LTS. But I´m not 100% sure. The support for Ubuntu 12.x is dropped now. So you might get it working on 12.04 (if you still use this), but as support for this is dropped, I would recommend to upgrade to 14.x

Thx for the help. I only just found that by pressing the info button on the home menu that I get the system stuff. It said my build was 13.3 I think. Anyway, seems I have to upgrade fully. I'll try those commands you gave. Excellent. Looks like I might be doing some major playing with the system - but I was hoping that JUST maybe I was already running the LTS version. Obviously not.

Thx again.
ZOTAC IONITX-D-E Intel Atom N330 Dual Core 1.6 GHz NVIDIA ION with LIVE on SSD (now updated to Nvidia Shield Pro (P2897)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Gotham underlying Linux OS version?0