Linux How do I create a permanent audio delay
Hello,

My Philips television creates a steady 200ms audio delay when watching video.
This is because several image improvements.

I use to have a windows mediaportal system with LAV audio codec where I could create a system wide audio delay of 200ms to bring everything into sync.

How do I implement this into Kodi? I already looked into alsa but could not find it.
Play a video, bring up the OSD, set up the delay in the audio settings inside the OSD, select "save for all videos"....done
I think I've found a solution.
I created a advancedsettings.xml file in my .kodi directory where I declared a default delay of 200ms with the following code:

<advancedsettings>
<video>
<latency> <!-- Compensate display latency (video lag). Latency is given in msecs. -->
<delay>200</delay> <!-- Global default display latency -->
</latency>
</video>
</advancedsettings>

I cannot not test it because my kids are currently watching a movie :-)
(2015-07-24, 12:37)David1977 Wrote: Play a video, bring up the OSD, set up the delay in the audio settings inside the OSD, select "save for all videos"....done

Well, I must have missed the "save for all videos" option Big Grin

edit: Gee, I must look better next time. I just saw this option for the first time. Thanks
That is a very dangerous option save as default for all videos.

Some options are saved for all, some are not saved at all, but most importantly is once you save something and it happens to be incorrect for all other content, you will go and adjust it again, then again when you find some other content that doesn't agree with the settings (at some stage you will satrt seing what you think are bugs and are not), not to mention some of those settings in there actually send your actual correct defaults into disarray. Like pixel ratio/view mode etc...

Ive screwed my settings for my whole library many times and only now getting to grips on what is safe and what isn't (and trial and error is costly) and unless you know what options and what settings are safe to save as default for all videos I would strongly advise caution before pushing that button.

Save as default for all videos imo should come with a 50 page disclaimer. Consider this post a conclusion of those 50 pages long disclaimer.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
How do I create a permanent audio delay0