Ripping a single AudioCD (CDDA) track?
From reading the wiki manual (http://www.xboxmediacenter.com/wiki/inde...ipping_CDs) it sounds like you can rip a single track from a CD. No matter what track I highlight though, it always rips the entire CD. Is the manual incorrect or am I doing something wrong?
I'm wondering if it maybe has something to do with me ripping to an SMB share... because it is also doing something weird with the way it tags the files and isn't automatically grabbing the album art like the wiki says.

The tags seem to be okay in Winamp:

But they are all messed up when I look at them in my Tag&Rename editor:

I've tried ripping 3 different CD's now and the same thing has happened on all of them.

I don't how much the cdripping settings would play into this, but I have them set like this:

you cannot rip a single track, only the entire cd. and the funkyness with tag&rename may be because it cant understand the character encoding xbmc is using. (im not sure.) and i dont recall the cd ripper ever grabbing the album art.

i just looked at the referenced page. its incorrect. im correcting it.

** edit **
i just verified the code. it does not get the cover art, only cddb info.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
I guess everything is working for me just as it is suppose to then. Smile

When I tried to change those tags, Tag&Rename popped up with a message warning me about Writing Unicode data into ID3v2 tags when it wasn't allowed by the encoder so I guess I'll have to look into the character encoding in Tag&Rename. Thanks for the info.
since we're on this again.

one of us lazy devs must really change the rip cd action to support ripping single tracks. its all supported in the code, just some context menu work.
OK! Its done and it just so happens that it was not a lazy dev Smile

But a couch potato!
and i moved the rip audio cd entry to the dvd drive context menu where it belongs. thx c-quel
Awesome. There are a bunch of CD's I have where I only want one or two of the tracks. I'll be looking forward to the next T3CH CVS.

spiff Wrote:and i moved the rip audio cd entry to the dvd drive context menu where it belongs. thx c-quel
Nice. I was actually going to suggest that since I like to hide the parent folder items and the wiki had said "right-clicking" it was how you were suppose to rip the entire cd.

One more thing, is it normal that the genre and year aren't put into the id3 tags? Maybe cddb doesn't keep that info or something else?
lol, ill upate the wiki again... and looking at the code, it looks like the year and genre are returned by cddb. my guess is that xbmc just isnt writing those tags out on the file, but i'll have to dig a little deeper to be sure.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
kraqh3d Wrote:lol, ill upate the wiki again... and looking at the code, it looks like the year and genre are returned by cddb. my guess is that xbmc just isnt writing those tags out on the file, but i'll have to dig a little deeper to be sure.

Greetings,

I just started using xbmc and wanted to rip all my CD's. However, it appears that genre and year are missing.

All my albums are listed as unknown genre.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Ripping a single AudioCD (CDDA) track?0