Two KodiBuntus - Can one run MySQL while running?
I promise I've been reading up everything I can to answer the question myself and I believe I have already put MySQL on my main Kodibuntu unit. With that said....

Am I able to do this?

KodiBuntu main room
KodiBuntu bedroom

Can the main room work as the MySQL server and run my media content on Kodi at the same time? I figure I can keep the main room always on and then use the bed room to switch over to watching something at night.

Sorry I'm not able to figure this out on my own. I've been spending the last few hours searching the forum and reading the wiki.
Yes computers can now multitask.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
Maybe I'm a complete and utter fool but I can't find any threads about specifically doing this with Kodibuntu. I'm running a dedicated Kodi system and didn't know if it was possible since it is always on Kodi.

Are the steps basically....

1 - Sudo.... put MySQL on main Kodi
2 - Configure MySQL via putty?
3 - Put MySQL on the other Kodis

I've been reading the guides and I'm just kinda stuck. Rather then spin my wheels for another few hours I decided to just post about it and let it hang over night.
3 is not necessary. MySQL is only needed on the server machine.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
Install and configure on main machine;

http://kodi.wiki/view/MySQL/Setting_up_MySQL

Then set up advancedsetting.xml in each Kodi, for the main machine use the Local IP, for the other, us the LAN IP.
Thanks guys! I think I can get it done now. I just needed a little nudge and wanted to make sure I was doing it correctly. Nothing like spending another 3 hours just to be going in the wrong direction or working on something impossible.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Two KodiBuntus - Can one run MySQL while running?0