Font type and size?
Hi guys, I'm trying to make a simple screensaver, just text on the screen.
I have never done this before, so I first read through quite a bit of tutorials and help pages.
I'm currently stuck at specifying a font type and size.
I know I should just put <font>Font13</font> in my xml file and define Font 13 in Font xml file.
It seems that Kodi doesn't look for it in the screensaver\resources\skins\default\720p folder, but uses the current Skin Font xml file.
Is there any way I can use my own Font xml file with the screensaver so I don't have to rely on the skin?
I would like to define my own font names, types etc.

Thank you!
Digital Clock Screensaver with a lot of options - check it out!
nope, addons cannot define fontsizes.
Do not PM or e-mail Team-Kodi members directly asking for support.
Always read the Forum rules, Kodi online-manual, FAQ, Help and Search the forum before posting.
Thanks ronie for letting me know, at least now I know I'm not doing something wrong.
(2015-07-25, 19:34)ronie Wrote: nope, addons cannot define fontsizes.

addons should have the ability to control fonts and fontsizes...

else, what's the point of having such advanced skinning options offered thru python...
Image Lunatixz - Kodi / Beta repository
Image PseudoTV - Forum | Website | Youtube | Help?
I agree, some addons absolutely need the ability to control fonts and fontsizes.
With the screensaver I made, if you change the skin the text on the screen is not what it should be, in other words it can most probably be used with just one skin.
(2015-07-28, 01:20)vdb86 Wrote: I agree, some addons absolutely need the ability to control fonts and fontsizes.
With the screensaver I made, if you change the skin the text on the screen is not what it should be, in other words it can most probably be used with just one skin.

I'm currently having that issue with my plugins... Most users have to make a choice between the skin they enjoy and what works best with their favorite plugins... its a shame Sad
Image Lunatixz - Kodi / Beta repository
Image PseudoTV - Forum | Website | Youtube | Help?
I thought they were working on separating skin and addon fonts, don't know what happened in the end Sad
Here's an old thread that has details on how to add your font to any skin, including confluence. I use it for my skinned addon.

http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=206208
Jerimiah797 this is interesting!
Can this script change the active skin automatically or we have to manually change the skin name it's trying to modify?
Is there a check if the font has been already added to the Font file?
I guess this should be run every time the skin updates?
It seems there's still no ability to actually install the font file, right

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Font type and size?0