XBMC only streams 4:3 ?
I have my XBMC seto to 16:9 , 1080i in both the XBMC setup, as well as the xBox dashboard.

When I stream a movie from my SMB share, it will only stream in 4:3 format. The movies I'm trying are clearly 16:9 format ..

What can cause this? I have also set XBMC to "Auto" or "Best Available" (cant remember exactly which one it was, but still only getting 4:3

Is this a 64mb RAM limitation? Am I missing something simple?

Any direction would be appreciated.

DD
P.S. - I'm streaming .ISO files as well as an unpacked version of the same movie ... same result with both.
hit (Y) a few times to change the video display mode.
read the xbmc online-manual, faq and search the forums before posting! do not e-mail the xbmc-team asking for support!
read/follow the forum rules! note! team-xbmc never have and never will host or distribute ms-xdk binaries/executables!
Is there anyway to change the aspect ratio permanently? I keep having to go change it for each movie
Big Grin 
anywonder Wrote:Is there anyway to change the aspect ratio permanently? I keep having to go change it for each movie

Figured it out--go into the video settings for any video, change to "stretch 16:9", then go down to "set as default for all movies"

I love XBMC Big Grin Big Grin
well if you do that you will have wrong aspect ratio all the time... xbmc should display the correct aspectratio for you video's aslong as it's calibrated properly in settings. If it displayes 4:3 the video is probably 4:3, and thus shouldn't be stretched. but I suppose it's your choise if you want distorted video
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XBMC only streams 4:3 ?0