Win locking kodi users from windows on PC
I have Kodi installed on a PC and my children and friends are using it to watch movies. But I don't want them to alt-tab into windows. Is there a way to lock the ability to leave Kodi with a password?

Thanks a lot!
Install a dual boot, with Windows and OpenElec...
How about hiding the keybaord, use Kiosk mode and mapping a remote to exclusive stuff? I suspect once children figure out the alt-tab combo to get into the o/s, they have enough smarts to handle just about anything.. ; hackers in the making I would saySmile

Keep the 'exclusive stuff on a portable external drive' locked in the gun cabinet.
Thanks for that, I'll keep that in mind! The only thing is that this pc is running other software in the background, which cannot be switched off. So that's why I want to keep the windows system in the background and make it unavailable for unauthorised access, whilst using Kodi for the children...

Any Ideas?
Thanks PatK,

but sometimes I have children as old as 17 ;-)
(2015-07-26, 16:16)ewee192 Wrote: but sometimes I have children as old as 17 ;-)
At that age there is nothing they don't know, at least so I'm told. Buy one of those cheap Android boxes that will run Kodi with a remote as a gift of security.
Are you able to run kodi under a different user name and have your other stuff running in the background on a separate account?
I'm not sure if it's possible, but maybe you can catch ALT+tab via a custom keymap

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
locking kodi users from windows on PC0