v15 How can I avoid that a network share will be added to the library?
Question 
My situation:
I have dozens of TV shows on a externel harddisc ("B-Series") and I have the Top 5 TV shows ("A-Series") on a internal harddisc of my PC.
I access all the shows from my Raspberry Pi with a Windows network share. Technically this works perfect.

But how can I show only the Top 5 TV shows at the main menu "Shows" when I refesh my library?
Important:
I would be great, if the additional metadata for the external harddisc "B-Series" would be collected from online sources and displayed at the main menu "Videos", but NOT in "Shows".

I tried to set "don't add to the library", but then I can't get any metadata at all. How can I control which shares will be displayed in "Videos" only and which in "Shows" only?
You need to scan in everything and then filter things out of "TV shows" using video nodes (wiki).
Thank you for your answer, Ned Scott!
Do I have to filter it manually in a XML file? I mean, there is no way to create such filters from the GUI?
Or how can I exclude the share "B-Series" from "TV Shows"?
You can use the Video Node Editor add-on. With that add-on you shouldn't have to manually edit any XML files. You will want to edit the "Titles" node for TV shows and add a filter to not include anything from the "Path" that includes "B-Series".
Question 
Thanks again, Ned!
Yes, this Addon helps a lot.

Unfortunately, I can't filter out the "B-Series" from TV-Shows.
Even if I add a rule with "Path" and "Does not contain" and "B-Series" (browsed and displayed complete correct with smb://...), the unwanted "B-Series" are still visible.

I tried to add the rule on the same level as "Titles", "Genres", "Years" etc and also in your suggested "Titles" node. None of the added rules seems to filter out the unwanted "B-Series".

Do I have to edit the nodes BEFORE I scan the network shares and add the series to the library?
(I tried to refesh the library after the node edits, but that doesn't help either...)

What can I do?
It should work regardless of when you scan.
Very strange, it just doesn't work.

In the meantime I have started my installation from scratch with v5.95.3.
Wherever I add a rule with the Add-on:Video_Node_Editor (wiki) to my existing default (2) TV Show node, it doesn't seems to apply. Not on the root of this node, not in "Title", nor in both of them.
I try to set the path with "contains" or "starts with" and then browse for it, but nothing works.

Do you have any idea how I can fix that?

Or do you know any other workaround to get two different TV shows nodes, one with my "A-Series" and another one with my "B-Series"?
Hmm, I think I have found my feaulty reasoning:

From the main menu of KODI I press "TV Shows": There are non of my rules applied, every show from every path is visible.
but
from the main menu "VIDEOS" and "Library" I can select "TV Shows" and then my path rules applies and finally I see only my "A-Series" (or in another newly created parent node my "B-Series" as expected)

Therefore my new question:
How can I instruct the main menu "TV Shows" to show the same as under "VIDEOS" -> "Library" -> "TV Shows"?
Or the other way:
How can I create a link from "VIDEOS" -> "Library" -> "TV Shows" to the main menu - to create a new main menu entry?
I'm guessing Confluence isn't reading the user generated nodes and is using the old defaults. You might need to use a skin that supports customizing the home skin, which just about any skin does now except for Confluence.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
How can I avoid that a network share will be added to the library?0