AFTV - adaptive search on Fire TV
I was happy to hear about adaptive search as on the Fire TV this works with other apps, but Kodi only offers up to 32x fast forward. I was surprised to find that Kodi 15 would still only fast forward, while it would make more sense to start ffwd with the navigation buttons in the software and use the -> and <- keys on the remote with adaptive search. I could think of other keymappings that would make sense, but even though the remote still has unused capacities the much helpful adaptive search can not be initiated in any way on the Fire TV.

Is there any way to make that work with scripting, has this been addressed in any other way I could not find out about yet oder would this be a "hot feature request" to make a hot new feature work on the Fire TV as well?

BTW - in general Kodi 15 runs much better on my Fire TV Stick than 14.2 - nice work Smile
You can change it with the keymap editor add-on.
Still can't figure it out. In the editor I go to "playback" - now here I see a list of actions, but I have no idea wich one would trigger adaptive search. Just to test the Addon I changed the mappings for "step forward" and "step back" to the right and left skip-keys on the remote. Anyway still those buttons in playback only give me the ff and rewind-actions. I also had a look at the list of actions in the wiki, but could not find a handler for adaptive search there either...

Has anyone done this successfully and can tell me exactly how to achieve what I want; how the adaptive search-actions are called within Kodi?
I can show you an example of what the XML file looks like, but I'm not entirely clear on what you are trying to do. Are you trying to make it so that left/right does rw/ff and the buttons for rw/ff do additive/adaptive skip steps?
It would suffice if the buttons for rw/ff do additive skip steps; ff and rw can be triggered by the software-buttons of the player anyway.
Okay, but just to be clear, left/right do this by default.

Here's what the keymap would look like:

Code:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<keymap>
  <FullscreenVideo>
    <keyboard>
      <rewind>StepBack</rewind>
      <fastforward>StepForward</fastforward>
    </keyboard>
  </FullscreenVideo>
</keymap>
I tried left/right earlier because I expected it to do just that, but nothing happened - now I know why: it only works that way, when the OSD is not active. I expected it the other way round: to work only when the OSD is active...

So I do not need to remap anything, but I still have to practise to use that action the right way.

Thanks for the help, it pointed me in the right direction!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
AFTV - adaptive search on Fire TV0