Solved Kodi "Libavcodec" Missing Compile Error
I just downloaded latest git and and followed the wiki instuctions to compile Kodi for Windows. I ran scripts "DownloadBuildDeps.bat", "DownloadMingwBuildEnv.bat" and then "BuildSetup.bat". This produced 4 errors all of the form

Code:
AddonCallbacksCodec.cpp
9>..\..\xbmc\addons\AddonCallbacksCodec.cpp(26): fatal error C1083: Cannot open include file:
'libavcodec/avcodec.h': No such file or directory [C:\GitProjects\xbmc\project\VS2010Express\XBMC.vcxproj]

This is similar to this thread, but the solution there (running "make-mingwlibs.bat") has not helped. Now "libavcodec" is part of ffmpeg, but how do I include this? I noted that when running "make-mingwlibs.bat" it says this of ffmpeg

Code:
##### building ffmpeg dlls #####
backgrounding: sh ./buildffmpeg.sh clean /xbmc/project/Win32BuildSetup/bgprocess & (workdir: /xbmc/project/Win32BuildSetup)
waiting on bgprocess...
.removing ffmpeg
rm: cannot lstat `ffmpeg/libavfilter': No such file or directory
configuring ffmpeg
./buildffmpeg.sh: line 90: ./configure: No such file or directory
done
##### building of ffmpeg dlls done #####

I guess something is missing from a script somewhere but not sure where to go from here.

Unsurprizingly I get the same errors when I try to build to debug using VS2013express. Initially I also got a linking error that Effects11.lib could not be found but I was able to solve that by copying a file into the debug folder.
try running the download*.bat files again one by one. Sometimes it just misses something.
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
Many thanks for the quick response Martijn, a re-run of the download*.bat files and the "make-mingwlibs.bat" solved the problem. Useful to know that the download bat files can miss things.
Yep, some times it's also useful to remove everything in the Win32BuildSetup folder that is not checked in and retry the download via the bat file.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Kodi "Libavcodec" Missing Compile Error0