OS X Post 14.2 Crashes on MBA
New testbuild - I completly rewrote the function which crashes with more current code. Lets hope this fixes it.

http://mirrors.kodi.tv/test-builds/osx/x...x86_64.dmg

Also please answer this question

(2015-07-26, 23:30)Memphiz Wrote: what kind of external storage are you using? an usb hdd or something like that?
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)
(2015-07-26, 23:30)Memphiz Wrote: what kind of external storage are you using? an usb hdd or something like that?

Mixed.

Most of my media is on a Thecus N5550 30TB NAS, while there are also two windows file shares I access.

I'll look into the new test build momentarily.
New test build is running, and not crashing on library access. At least I can browse the hierarchy, it hasn't finished attempting library update on startup so I still can't determine if I can get any playback. Will follow up when it choses to stop scanning.
If I manually select a file by browsing through Videos > Files hierarchy it will play, however it still seems to think that my library is no longer there. It shows the entries of my old library, but when I attempt to play it says the items no longer exist. Running a full library update to see if that eliminates that issue then I'll have logs for you if you want them. My library is extensive, the library update my take a while.
Library update fails to find anything. I'll upload kodi debug log.
Oh wait. It threw all my library entries set as having no content type. Changing them to the types they should be for further testing.
Scraping appears to be going fine. Watching it in log viewer as it progresses.
Only thing I notice is that it's essentially duplicating all library entries. Nothing a library cleanup won't fix when it's done finding media. The media scan will take a few hours though. Anything specific you want me to test with the build, or just ensure that it works as intended?
Thx for your feedback. I have merged your posts together. There is an edit function in the forum which allows you to append to your posts - no need to do each comment in its own.

Beside that - the only thing i wanted to fix here was the crash. I didn't alter any code related to scraping or the library here.
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
(2015-07-27, 22:48)Memphiz Wrote: Thx for your feedback. I have merged your posts together. There is an edit function in the forum which allows you to append to your posts - no need to do each comment in its own.

Beside that - the only thing i wanted to fix here was the crash. I didn't alter any code related to scraping or the library here.

Thank you for all of your assistance. I'm glad to be able to use 15.0 on my MacBook, was afraid I'd be stuck with 14.2 forever. I hope my log files were of some purpose to track down the cause.
There is one thing I do notice with this build. I'm not sure how important it is, in the end it doesn't hurt functionality, but it always crashes on exit. Do you want the crash log?
Yes please
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
http://pastebin.com/FdLY97Ut
do you have the debug log (wiki) for this aswell?
(2015-07-29, 00:14)Memphiz Wrote: do you have the debug log (wiki) for this aswell?

I can get you a debug log of the shutdown in a moment.

It's actually now gotten to the point where I have to force quit. I'll get you a log tomorrow as I don't have time to get a clean one tonight, they're all far too large. Tomorrow morning I'll attempt a quick open and close to see if I can get what it has been doing.

The log is too large for pastern going to share from one drive.

debug log:

http://1drv.ms/1fHdhcK

crash log:
http://pastebin.com/a6tmagUp

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Post 14.2 Crashes on MBA0