TV shows/folders not listed
I have a LAN share which contains my movies and TV shows - movies are in a subfolder called "Movies" and TV shows are in a subfolder called "TV". I have added the top-level folder using the "Add videos" option, and while selecting"Movies" shows pretty much all of my movies, when I select "TV Shows" it only lists 4 out of nearly 50 folders and files. I can see the full list of TV shows and folders if I select "Files" and navigate to the "TV" folder on my share.

I'm guessing that Kodi is expecting to find metadata which identifies TV shows, and that this is why most of my TV shows aren't listed, but can anyone tell me what metadata it looks for?

I'm running Kodi v15, but also had this problem on the previous version.
I hope your two sources are two separate sub folders "TV Shows" and "Movies" and marked as such. Not one top level both "TV Shows" plus "Movies" in one add-videos source.

TV shows that have not been properly scanned/scraped will not be in your library, but will be viable in the video/file mode.

The meta-data is stored internally within the Kodi library, by exporting as separate files, the meta-data will show up in the video folder as .nfo & graphic files (it's possible to edit these files and re-scan locally, to modify the library listing). I suspect your issue lies with the separation of content (movies and TV), but could also be nomenclature. Adding videos to the library (wiki)
It may not be the same issue, but this thread http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=215316&page=11 discusses "issues" with TV Shows not scraping that I know occurs with both 14 and 15.
I opened a trouble ticket 3 weeks ago and it has not even been assigned to anyone yet.
In the meanwhile, I went back to 13.2 which works perfectly.
(2015-07-26, 19:26)PatK Wrote: I hope your two sources are two separate sub folders "TV Shows" and "Movies" and marked as such. Not one top level both "TV Shows" plus "Movies" in one add-videos source.

TV shows that have not been properly scanned/scraped will not be in your library, but will be viable in the video/file mode.

The meta-data is stored internally within the Kodi library, by exporting as separate files, the meta-data will show up in the video folder as .nfo & graphic files (it's possible to edit these files and re-scan locally, to modify the library listing). I suspect your issue lies with the separation of content (movies and TV), but could also be nomenclature. Adding videos to the library (wiki)

Yes I added the TV and Movies folders separately. Each show is typically named "showname.snn.enn" so I think I got the nomenclature right. Are there specific rules for folder names? (e.g. is "Homeland Season 1" a valid folder name? - that's an example of how I have them named).

Maybe I have the same problem as you, ReplayHarry
The TV show names and episode titles are picked up from the TVdb this link should help http://thetvdb.com/?tab=advancedsearch but I use TheRenamer (wiki) a stand alone drag & drop, does whole folders and all the episodes in one shot and adds the proper commenting right from the TVdb, so a scan is pretty fast. Names are mostly good but will cough on odd ball char$ and punctuation. I've got mine set-up as "The Twilight Zone (1985)" and Seasons as Season 1 and episodes as The Twilight Zone (1985).S01E59.The Last Defender of Camelot.mkv I'm unsure why I use just the word "Seasons" and not the actual "TV show name Season", it must have given me an issue a while back. If most of your TV shows fly through TheRenamer (wiki) then it probably has something to do with your networking to the NAS, perhaps a timeout stumble. Do you have any issues if you try to scan in a TV show manually?
I have to ask: did you set content?

http://kodi.wiki/view/Set_content_and_scan
I really have no idea what I am talking about. Proceed with caution. I confuse easily. And drink. A lot.
(2015-07-27, 04:30)Redwingsfansfc Wrote: I have to ask: did you set content?

http://kodi.wiki/view/Set_content_and_scan

Yes I set the content to TV Shows. The Renamer utility helped add some items, but not all. In fact some of the items whose names were "cleaned up" by TheRenamer still don't appear in my library (e.g. an entire series of "The Leftovers" which was recognised by TheRenamer but not it seems by Kodi :0(
If TheReanmer got the seasons, but Kodi didn't, then look at TheRenamer settings, it's possible that you're taking meta-data from a different database (Bottom right corner of TR to toggle sites). You might look at this one manually by looking it up on TVdb and try to refresh it from file mode.
(2015-07-28, 02:38)PatK Wrote: If TheReanmer got the seasons, but Kodi didn't, then look at TheRenamer settings, it's possible that you're taking meta-data from a different database (Bottom right corner of TR to toggle sites). You might look at this one manually by looking it up on TVdb and try to refresh it from file mode.

When you say "it's possible that you're taking meta-data from a different database", what do you mean by "a different database"? - i.e. a different database to what?
(2015-07-29, 17:00)itm1960 Wrote:
(2015-07-28, 02:38)PatK Wrote: If TheReanmer got the seasons, but Kodi didn't, then look at TheRenamer settings, it's possible that you're taking meta-data from a different database (Bottom right corner of TR to toggle sites). You might look at this one manually by looking it up on TVdb and try to refresh it from file mode.

When you say "it's possible that you're taking meta-data from a different database", what do you mean by "a different database"? - i.e. a different database to what?
TheRenamer can be set to pick up meta-data from different sources (IMDB TV.COM etc). What's in one database isn't necessarily the same in the others, while Kodi scraps are mostly TVdb

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
TV shows/folders not listed0