Restore settings to new Isengard installation
Hello,
I upgraded my Gotham installation to Kodi Isengard. I did a back-up before the upgrade and have the back-up files. During the Isengard istall, it said it was applying my existing settings, but they did not come over. I installed the back-up add-on and when I select restore, I get a pop-up window that says "Back-up - Back-up folder name" but the window is empty. How can I restore my settings. Adding my movies from my NAS will not take too long. The real issue is the artwork for movie sets that I will have to manually change. I think I can manually move the user data folder and add-on items from the back-up folder to the user data folder in program files. Not sure about the system folder items.
Any help would be appreciated.
E
Kodi On HTPC: Dell Vostro slim 200 with W7 SP1, core 2 duo 1.6, 3G RAM, ASUS 6570 slim 1G with catalyst drivers. Synology NAS.
Duplicate displays: Dell 22" led monitor and Epson 5010 projector.
Kodi on Amazon fire stick.
The backup add-on should make an actual folder copy of your userdata folder. You should just be able to copy that over to the right place for Kodi and then Kodi will handle it from there. See userdata folder (wiki).
Ned,
After typing my initial post I tried what you describe but that did not seem to work. Although when I then went to manually add my movies my Nas location was listed when I selected browse under add videos. I just recreated my library since I don't have that many movies. For a lot of them I have the system info files. I just had to manually select artwork for about 5 collections and changed some back-drops. This will give me a chance to tweak some settings in confluence, maybe I'll even try a new skin.
Thank you,
Eric
Kodi On HTPC: Dell Vostro slim 200 with W7 SP1, core 2 duo 1.6, 3G RAM, ASUS 6570 slim 1G with catalyst drivers. Synology NAS.
Duplicate displays: Dell 22" led monitor and Epson 5010 projector.
Kodi on Amazon fire stick.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Restore settings to new Isengard installation0