Custom metadata field
Hi all,

My apologies in advance if my post is in the wrong place.

I have been trying to figure out (quite unsuccessfully) if it was possible to create custom automated metadata fields. Here is what I am trying to achieve: I want to create a custom metadata field for movies that will be a compound of 2 existing fields (rating and year). I would then be able to use that field to create a smart playlist. My final objective is to create a ranking of movies whose rating decays with time.

That does not sound very hard to do but I haven't been able to figure it out by myself. Does any of you have advice on how this could be achieve?

Thank you in advance for your valuable help.
Unsure of the custom fields
You would need to create your own .nfo files for each library content of which KODI may not read/use the new tags input.
Tags that are currently read for you OP are:

<rating>6.100000</rating>
<votes>127,352</votes>
<year>2003</year> and possibly
<top250>0</top250>

The movies, dependent on the API/scraper addon used should already contain both data for year and its rating your looking for

You would just need to create a smart playlist with minimum 2 x rules:

1. Votes-contains or/rating-is for the ranking (you can then add additional rules for this for each integer you wish to cover)

2. Year-(greater than or/less than/ etc)

Then you can possibly use this addon to update the ranking/votes for your particular list.

Refer: [Release] IMDb Update (Movie Ratings + Top250 + MPAA) *Helix*

I may be wrong, but HTH
Dear k4sh1n,

Thanks for your help. I will try to do it this way. I didn't think about simply overwriting existing ratings. This would definitely be the easiest way to achieve my goal.

Cheers Big Grin

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Custom metadata field0