Help for Cross-Compiling Kodi (Win to RPi2)
Are there any guides or hints for cross-compiling Kodi? I would like to be able to compile on a windows host (slow enough there) but run the result on a RPi2 (with OpenELEC). Where to start?

The question is a little premature, but having my dev environment setup and succesfully compiling for Windows, it would be nice in the end to be able to use/test any variants I create on my Pi based audio system.
If you are serious then drop windows if you even think about cross compiling this project. (its only possible on linux ...)
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)
Start by installing Ubuntu in a virtualbox. Once you have that, it will be possible by following this.
It is not possible to cross compile direct from a window host.
Thanks guys, I suspected that RPi2 from a Windows host would be a bit of a streach. I'm not there yet but useful to know the direction I need to head in. I have Ubuntu on two old PCs running hobbie CNC cutters, I could see if they are up to it. OTOH I am over due a new machine at home, maybe go dual boot? Too much Win support work comes my way to drop it entirely no matter how bloated and horrible it is. Wonder if this ol' dog can remember the old tricks it once new before M$ moved in on everything.
note that compiling for OE means compiling OE itself, which is completely different from the method linked by popcornmix. But you will need linux for OE as well.
OpenELEC cross compile instructions here.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Help for Cross-Compiling Kodi (Win to RPi2)0