Scanner not picking up some shows
I have a directory with eg: Ally McBeal, then 5 sub directories for each season, and then the files in the correct format.

however nothing is picked up when I scan the folder, and when I "browse" it using video->files, it seems empty.

Any basic steps to follow to see what's going on, log shows nothing useful.

13:49:45 T:140568988288768 NOTICE: VideoInfoScanner: Starting scan ..
13:49:45 T:140568988288768 DEBUG: CAnnouncementManager - Announcement: OnScanStarted from xbmc
13:49:45 T:140568988288768 DEBUG: GOT ANNOUNCEMENT, type: 16, from xbmc, message OnScanStarted
13:49:45 T:140568988288768 DEBUG: VideoInfoScanner: Scanning dir 'nfs://192.168.1.206/volume1/TV/Ally McBeal/' as not in the database
13:49:45 T:140568988288768 DEBUG: VideoInfoScanner: No (new) information was found in dir nfs://192.168.1.206/volume1/TV/Ally McBeal/
13:49:45 T:140568988288768 NOTICE: VideoInfoScanner: Finished scan. Scanning for video info took 00:00
Kodi Leia on Pi-4 running LibreElec. in production with family, and another one for testing.
Any help on this?
Kodi Leia on Pi-4 running LibreElec. in production with family, and another one for testing.
Hello, any help at all? I have really tried many things.

The show name is fine, as it's downloaded the banner ok, the episodes are all in correct format, however it's just not picking anything up.
Please refresh manually from the video info dialog and verify it's picking up new episodes afterwards. Make sure "hide watched" is not enabled.
Always read the online manual (wiki), FAQ (wiki) and search the forum before posting.
Do not PM or e-mail Team-Kodi members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules (wiki).
Please read the pages on troubleshooting (wiki) and bug reporting (wiki) before reporting issues.
It's very odd, it seems that it thinks those folders are completely empty, however they are definitely not, in fact they contain other sub folders as well as files.

https://youtu.be/3JSWN4FdxaQ
The video shows me browsing those folders, here a screenshot of the directory it's looking at.

Double checked the permissions?
Always read the online manual (wiki), FAQ (wiki) and search the forum before posting.
Do not PM or e-mail Team-Kodi members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules (wiki).
Please read the pages on troubleshooting (wiki) and bug reporting (wiki) before reporting issues.
They seem ok to me, I mean they all have the same owner, group and are rw across the board.

The list below shows one readable and one unreadable directory... I hope it is something simply like that though!

ok, got it, it is permissions, die folders must be executable too, I was only checking read permissions, but the folders I can't see were all 776. I 777'd them and now seems ok.

Vielen Dank!
Glad to hear Wink

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Scanner not picking up some shows0