Multi room audio
Sonos, Squeezebox/Logitech Media Server and Airplay are some of the solutions available today to implement multi room audio. From these, I believe Kodi can only act as a Logitech Media Server client and as an Airplay Receiver - but not a server.

Wouldn't it be really, really wonderful if Kodi was able to broadcast and receive audio (and why not video too?) across multi rooms with multiple sources? It would be perfect if I could play an album in both the living room and dining room but select some other music source for the kitchen and bedroom. The fact is there is no good, ongoing free solution to implement this.

I'd love to see this working on Kodi. Is this possible? Can I help?
The easy approach is to put clients in every room. But this lacks any ability to sync music in multiple rooms. Unfortunately, from what I understand, syncing is a really tough challenge. I am not sure why, but one issue is likely that there are just so many platforms and hardware that KODI runs on.
You could possibly use the play to function in KODI from the context menu if there is a live KODI instance or UPnP client at the location.

Link: http://kodi.wiki/view/UPnP/Client

However, YMMV

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Multi room audio0