• 4(current)
Amber Skin for Kodi 15 Isengard
Found a small glitch - the left-key blade sub-menu is missing from the main add-ons screen under Amber (the one where check for updates is now located). Can you confirm and if possible put it in please?
|Banned add-ons (wiki)|Forum rules (wiki)|VPN policy (wiki)|First time user (wiki)|FAQs (wiki) Troubleshooting (wiki)|Add-ons (wiki)|Free content (wiki)|Debug Log (wiki)|

Kodi Blog Posts
sorry, i'm not following, rephrase please Smile
On the top level add-ons screen (directly from the main menu ribbon, the one with Programs, Video Add-ons, Music Add-ons, Picture Add-ons and add-on browser), under Confluence if you press left you get the normal blade slide-out menu with the view options, plus hide incompatible/foreign add-ons and check for updates. Under Amber you don't, you get nothing (at least on mine).

I think the hide options are available in the sub-section lists, but the manual check for updates option (which I think is new in Isengard?) isn't available anywhere else.

The sub-menu is available in the lower levels of the tree, but not at that level and needs to be added in.
|Banned add-ons (wiki)|Forum rules (wiki)|VPN policy (wiki)|First time user (wiki)|FAQs (wiki) Troubleshooting (wiki)|Add-ons (wiki)|Free content (wiki)|Debug Log (wiki)|

Kodi Blog Posts
Also on a different topic, I see we've got new sub-menus on the settings and quit main menu entries (below the ribbon).

The settings one is fine, but why have we got all the ones in quit, which seem to be completely ignoring the quit menu settings in the settings section. On my Pi I had a nice little home menu quit menu setup with just reboot and shutdown. It worked fine.

Now I still have that, but I've got the entries underneath it now duplicating both of those, plus with quit, suspend and hibernate, which I don't want at all and if I remember correctly don't do anything on an Openelec Pi.

Can that below the ribbon sub-menu be made switchable, or at least to respect the settings made in the settings menu? It just seems complete unneccessary duplication to have a quit menu alongside it. At least for me the original configuration was fine and didn't need any changes in the first place...

Kodi Blog Posts
(2015-08-21, 10:34)DarrenHill Wrote: Also on a different topic, I see we've got new sub-menus on the settings and quit main menu entries (below the ribbon).

The settings one is fine, but why have we got all the ones in quit, which seem to be completely ignoring the quit menu settings in the settings section. On my Pi I had a nice little home menu quit menu setup with just reboot and shutdown. It worked fine.

Now I still have that, but I've got the entries underneath it now duplicating both of those, plus with quit, suspend and hibernate, which I don't want at all and if I remember correctly don't do anything on an Openelec Pi.

Can that below the ribbon sub-menu be made switchable, or at least to respect the settings made in the settings menu? It just seems complete unneccessary duplication to have a quit menu alongside it. At least for me the original configuration was fine and didn't need any changes in the first place...

There are people who use this skin on other systems then the pie ;-)

I will look to see if it can be improved.
I know, I'm one of them too. I have Kodi on my PC and tablet as well as my Pi. Both have Amber on them, although the tablet normally runs under CCM as it's a bit more touch-friendly for left blade menu access.

Hence why i said switchable, or at least have it respect the settings menu config, not to remove it again Wink

One of Amber's strengths is its small resource requirement, hence how many people do use it on Pi (at least those who go away from Confluence anyway).

Kodi Blog Posts
(2015-08-21, 10:30)DarrenHill Wrote: On the top level add-ons screen (directly from the main menu ribbon, the one with Programs, Video Add-ons, Music Add-ons, Picture Add-ons and add-on browser), under Confluence if you press left you get the normal blade slide-out menu with the view options, plus hide incompatible/foreign add-ons and check for updates. Under Amber you don't, you get nothing (at least on mine).

I think the hide options are available in the sub-section lists, but the manual check for updates option (which I think is new in Isengard?) isn't available anywhere else.

The sub-menu is available in the lower levels of the tree, but not at that level and needs to be added in.

I see what you mean, I'll have a look, however you do have these functions if you access add-ons from the sub-menu under the settings main menu item
Hi Jester, I've made a screensaver for Kodi, unfortunately addons can't use their own Fonts and we have to rely on skins to provide them.
Would you please add two font sizes?
36 and 130.
I've tested it already with Amber and those font sizes should work perfectly.

If you need any more information please let me know.
Thank you for your help!
Digital Clock Screensaver with a lot of options - check it out!
(2015-08-22, 17:34)vdb86 Wrote: Hi Jester, I've made a screensaver for Kodi, unfortunately addons can't use their own Fonts and we have to rely on skins to provide them.
Would you please add two font sizes?
36 and 130.
I've tested it already with Amber and those font sizes should work perfectly.

If you need any more information please let me know.
Thank you for your help!

Not sure about that, please do a pull request on github and i'll have a look.
Thanks

https://github.com/jester-xbmc/skin.amber
Done! Smile
(2015-08-22, 20:43)vdb86 Wrote: Done! Smile

wrong one Wink

https://github.com/jester-xbmc/skin.amber
Hello,

What is up with hide unwatched and partially watched mark that does not work at the movies shelf for the random movies ?

Am i doing something wrong?

it does work into movies section, in movies shelf recently added. Maybe that is how it is?

Thank you in advance
Hopefully I got the right one now, don't know how I got on the wrong one in the first place Big Grin
(2015-08-23, 13:41)vdb86 Wrote: Hopefully I got the right one now, don't know how I got on the wrong one in the first place Big Grin

Done.
(2015-08-23, 13:09)GnFlala Wrote: Hello,

What is up with hide unwatched and partially watched mark that does not work at the movies shelf for the random movies ?

Am i doing something wrong?

it does work into movies section, in movies shelf recently added. Maybe that is how it is?

Thank you in advance

actually it doesn't work for the recently added movies either, if you switch off "Hide watched Marks" then the marks don't show up on the recently added movies.
in short, more bug-fixing for me Smile
  • 4(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Amber Skin for Kodi 15 Isengard5