KODI and Bluray as home sound surround system
hi guys, might be a silly question, but please be gentle with newbies. My KODI (as I suggest all other) has 1 HDMI port, same for Bluray player (Panasonic) which I want to use as the sound system.

TV has 2x HMDIs, 1x I connected to KODI, other to Bluray. Sound isn't coming. If I play a disk on blueray - sound is coming from a surround system. If I'm streaming video from KODI to the TV, surround system (even 2.0) isn't working. Tried all passthrough options, and Sony TV settings (PCM, digital etc). No sound.

I have feeling I am doing a trivial mistake. Would anybody please give me a tip how to interconnect all 3 devices?
Is your Blu-ray player integrated with your surround sound amplifier? What audio/video inputs does this have ?

To do what you want to do you will either need to have support for ARC (Audio Return Channel) on your TV and your Blu-ray/AVR combo OR an additional connection between your TV and your surround system or your Kodi box and your surround system to carry the audio OR some means of connecting your Kodi system via your Blu-ray / Surround system to your TV.

Does TV's internal tuner sound comes out of your surround system? If so -how is the sound is getting from your TV to the surround system?

Do you have just two HDMI Cables - or do you have a Toslink or SPDIF audio connection?

It's always helpful to put model numbers in these questions - as we can look up the details of the devices in question to offer assistance.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
KODI and Bluray as home sound surround system0